Grade this

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
What would you grade this chuckeye at?

12112208_750280751744580_5675972854894538347_n.jpg

I don't know what it would grade either and I do think it would make for a fairly tender steak even though its not the best cut. Was actually hoping it would be leaner for what I was going to use it for but it is what it is. Its pretty I think.

I have no clue what to grade it but it looks great. I assume the steaks are out of one of your stock you finished? If I got some with that marble I would make sure I knew the cow and bull the steer come from, assuming that it was a steer. I just separated and wormed my next freezer steer yesterday, I will grain him up for the next 90 to 100 or so days..... I doubt it will come close to yours.

BF, I'm not a grader either but I agree. I don't think it has enough to go prime but I don't think its too far off.

Alan, I rarely finish steers. I've had better results with heifers but i don't do that many so it might just be a fluke but the best grade I ever raised was from the ugliest heifer you've ever seen. I was too embarrassed to sell her at the barn but she cut like warm butter and her intramuscular fat looked like a Montana Blizzard. She was a something like a six way cross with dingo in her and she was mean as a hornet.

Latest posts