GPS GUIDANCE SYSTEM

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
This has probable been discussed here before. I am getting interested in buying a GPS guidance system for spraying. What is a good inexpensive one and would you take a chance on a used one.

Cruzer II with helix antana. I don't think I would. This is a pretty basic unit, you may need something more advanced.

I have a Trimble EZ guide 250. It is there entry level unit. Works very good up to about 50 acres and then it seems like it doesn't have enough memory and the screen starts losing some of the image. Its an older unit so maybe this has changed.
Yes I would buy another one. They are priceless when spraying or slinging out fertilizer or seed. I also use it as a acreage counter when putting out seed with a drill where I follow tire tracks. I can put a 200 lbs in the old drill and see exactly how far it goes and then adjust for the rest of the field. It also gets you back on track if you can't see the tire tracks. There are some Utube videos showing how they work.

This is the only brand I have ever used so I can't say much about the others. I would avoid the units where you touch the screen instead of buttons. Dirty hands are the problem. Look at the screen on your cell phone after a day of working on a piece of equipment.

I guess used would be okay if you can test it out. They make them pretty durable. Maybe be best to pay up to get the latest technology.

bird dog":1njvk36n said:
I have a Trimble EZ guide 250. It is there entry level unit. Works very good up to about 50 acres and then it seems like it doesn't have enough memory and the screen starts losing some of the image. Its an older unit so maybe this has changed.
Yes I would buy another one. They are priceless when spraying or slinging out fertilizer or seed. I also use it as a acreage counter when putting out seed with a drill where I follow tire tracks. I can put a 200 lbs in the old drill and see exactly how far it goes and then adjust for the rest of the field. It also gets you back on track if you can't see the tire tracks. There are some Utube videos showing how they work.

This is the only brand I have ever used so I can't say much about the others. I would avoid the units where you touch the screen instead of buttons. Dirty hands are the problem. Look at the screen on your cell phone after a day of working on a piece of equipment.

I guess used would be okay if you can test it out. They make them pretty durable. Maybe be best to pay up to get the latest technology.

This is the one I have been checking on. Did you use the upgraded antenna or the small antenna that comes with the unit. Case-IH and New Holland sells the Trimble EZ guide 250 under their brand.

I used the magnetic one that came with the unit. Never had a reception problem. Takes about 5 minutes for the unit to acquire the satellite signal.
How many acres are your pastures?

Also check with Messicks for a price comparison.

bird dog":fnrlc5yr said:
I used the magnetic one that came with the unit. Never had a reception problem. Takes about 5 minutes for the unit to acquire the satellite signal.
How many acres are your pastures?

Also check with Messicks for a price comparison.

All pasture are 19 to 35 acres. A lot of cross fencing.All total around 400 acres but not all in one place. Messicks does have a good price and they have them listed on E-bay

Latest posts