Gotta sell this one this week

Help Support CattleToday:

if you can get $800 for her. you better twist their arm off. she need's some condition on her if you even hope too get her bred at 18 month's. id say more in line of 500.00

Well most my brahma heifers I wait till they are 36 months old to breed them.Some never came in heat until they were near that.18 months?Maybe if I better breed her to a bull that puts out small calves.I already had my share of bad luck with heifers getting bred to young.My black and white speckle brahma bull puts out some tall long legged calves.No way at 18 months,
won't do it.

Does she buck lol. A'I to a PBR bull then sell her on breedersconnection.com lots of people with money to spend there. Sweet looking heifer though.

Northern Rancher":31nzvl7p said:
Does she buck lol. A'I to a PBR bull then sell her on breedersconnection.com lots of people with money to spend there. Sweet looking heifer though.
most of the bucking stock dams or crossed not full bloods. she'd be perfect for a simm. or hereford bull.

In Florida she would not bring much $500 if your lucky.
Big Ears: price drops big time at market.
She would however make a good cow especially here in FL.
They tend to breed at a later age than other breeds, So you proberly won't get a calf till she's 3 years old, then they drop every year like clock work. I have a few. They tend to like to say thier prayers in the pens.. and more than some can get a little crazy at round up time.
You can however cross with about any bull and get a nice calf.
I have thrown the kitchen sink as far as bulls go, Angus,Chars, Beefmasters, etc. and they have all thrown some decent calves.

Billdevaul":2ob6202f said:
I need to know a starting price to ask for this lil heffer... she has never been bred is very healthy and a great looking animal, my buddy has to sell her and has asked m,e to do it but I have no idea on priceing a brahman. she is not registered but is a great lil animal... she is 13 months old. any ideas on a price for her?? help!!!!
gracy.JPG

gracy2.JPG[img]
man the photo gallery is all messed up, cant post like we used to theres no bbc codes

All Heck! my little brother wanted to show a Reg. Brama that was gray!!! but oh well, she is very very very pretty.. I would buy her as a replacement commerical brama hefier..If i was running a herd and if she was closer to where i live{ 2 or 3 states away}

Is anybody paying any attention to the market??? Fat cattle prices are in the upper $90s!! Feeder calves are bringing $110 to $120 cwt through most of the spring and with better weather would be stronger than that. Yes I have seen times when good replacement heifers weren't worth $500; but 500 pound calves are worth more than THAT if sold as beef by the pound at the yard. We don't have a weight on her; but $150 to $250 above the market price is a fair price for private treaty breeding stock, especially now when 36 good calves will pay the price of a new pickup truck.