Gotta love Ol Willie

Help Support CattleToday:

The supreme court decided it was OK for two people of the age of majority to engage in illegal behavior because of a made up "right to privacy". If this can be argued, could someone not use the same arguement to justifiy whatever illegal behavior two adults engage in within a residence? Should we give a government stamp to every illegal drug because we as a society already consume alcohol?

Would the child born with an addiction to herion feel any better about it knowing his mother made bad choices about an approved drug? Would Whitney Houston be any less hideous if she bought her drugs at the pharmacy?

At what point should be say "this is only a little illegal" ? I understand the war on drugs is not any more easy than the war on terror. It could be argued the neither have an end in site. Difficult, is not a good reason to step away from the fight.

CB - got any black and white focus to shed here?

Jogeephus":3nznq54x said:
Saltydawg":3nznq54x said:
I don't support legalizing that kinda stuff but that comment was worth a good laugh. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for drugs one bit. But you got to chose what battles you can fight - and this is not one of them. Our jails are full. It costs about 30,000 per year to house an inmate. We can't afford to continue building new jails - so what do they do. Let the suckers out. A life sentence in Georgia equates to seven years - you are out in less for good behavior.

My father was shot on Christmas Eve by two dopers who were serving 21 years for armed robbery. They served 18 months and were parolled. Three days later they robbed and shot my dad so they could get high.

Legalize it, and you'll take the crime out of it, you'll take the money out of it and you'll take the violance out of it. I don't care if they kill themselves. If they are stupid enough to put drano up their nose - let em. (Heck, this will be a windfall for social security) Just don't go hurtin my family and friends in search of a high.

It has been legalized in some countries and they don't have the crime we have. This is not just my opinion but the opinion of several drug agents I have talked to.

Or the government could follow my plan. Bring back public hangings - this would end the habitual offender problem. ;-)

You can stop it , we are just to liberal. There are countries you get a public caining for throwing gum on the street. They have clean streets. You start shooting the drug runners dope dealers no questions asked it would go underground.
You get what you allow.

perda04":egpmrb0q said:
The supreme court decided it was OK for two people of the age of majority to engage in illegal behavior because of a made up "right to privacy". If this can be argued, could someone not use the same arguement to justifiy whatever illegal behavior two adults engage in within a residence? Should we give a government stamp to every illegal drug because we as a society already consume alcohol?

Would the child born with an addiction to herion feel any better about it knowing his mother made bad choices about an approved drug? Would Whitney Houston be any less hideous if she bought her drugs at the pharmacy?

At what point should be say "this is only a little illegal" ? I understand the war on drugs is not any more easy than the war on terror. It could be argued the neither have an end in site. Difficult, is not a good reason to step away from the fight.

CB - got any black and white focus to shed here?

The major problem is doors, church house doors we are a nation that has turned its back on our founding principles.
There was drugs when I was a kid but the price was to high to pay.
If you got caught you got to go to work on a Texas prison farm in a chain gang. Instead of watching tv as today you had guards on horseback packing a sawed off pump and a blakesnake whip. Your rehabilitation was a hoe in a pea field or a cotton patch.
I remember as a kid they were hunting a fugitive from a robbery and they shot him dead for resisting. The news then had a whole different spin we had removed a burden on our society, today the law is the evil that caused this person to turn his life to crime.
I believe the media is the biggest enemy of the state today.
You don't have the news reported you have there opinons and biasis reported to lead the masses to there way of thinking.
There are three things you can not allow if you want total domination of the people Religion, an Armed populace and an organized worker.

Caustic Burno":2lc294d4 said:
You don't have the news reported you have there opinons and biasis reported to lead the masses to there way of thinking.

You are right. It is sad that folks actually believe the media spin and don't think for themselves.

I agree with Caustic 100%.

Some fights you just can't see the winning strategy, that doesn't mean you quit fighting.

Alcohol is legal and causes enough problems on it's own. I don't see the reasoning to add more to the list.

Just because it's a tough fight doesn't mean we give up and consider the problem solved, that's just foolish.

The media is another whole argument much bigger than what I would like to get into on a messageboard.
I am not happy with the way the media is conducting their business, I will leave it at that.

Caustic Burno":2pinlmm5 said:

Personally, I hope it stays that way. Pravda was never very revealing.

I suspect that you meant to say that the press was an enemy of society, not to put words in your mouth. That's what I would say. The press has to have bad news and conflict to sell papers and draw viewers.
There is more media today than ever. If a person can't find their personal leaning in a media source then they just haven't looked.
But I find myself thinking how dismal they all are. Truth is a commodity rarer than hen's teeth. Objectivity is non-existent.
We get tons of information and very little enlightenment.

I'll never understand the argument that certain drugs should be legalized because alchohol and tobacco are legal. Alchohol and tobacco kill more people and ruin more lives in this country each year than ALL other drugs combined. Why? Because they're legal and access to them is pretty easy. To me, that is the perfect argument AGAINST legalizing certain drugs that are now illegal.

Latest posts