Gotta live in crisis mode .... Why?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Mostly a vent, but I'm really getting to the point of speaking my mind to a few people I know who seem to live from one crisis to another. For example one day someone boyfriend is going to lose their job and they can't make rent, then their mom may have a terrible thing happening, then sister might be pregnant, all these crisis just seem to die on the vine or have an easy, practical solution. It seems that their life is not happy if they don't have some tragic event to whine about and whenever the truth is discovered it's half or more a lie to build up their story. I have called them on a couple of lies, just to let them know I'm not as gullible as some in hopes they would knock it off. Our business is the type that 99% of applicants are young women (immature girls), but it's not just our staff it happens in most social networks I'm a part of. Yea it happened again last night and carried on again this morning. My wife handles it better then I do, but then again she may have never heard of the boy who cried wolf. I guess my biggest problem is I can't trust and don't like habitual liers ..... Everyone lies a little, that's human nature, but come on.

Am I alone or do others know crisis junkies?

Just a vent,
Alan

It's everywhere. the gossip mentality of this generation is beyond my comprehension. I blame it on the TV shows like pregnant at 16, Gilmore girls, pretty little liars just to name a few and there are plenty more that distort the views of young girls and women.

Maybe you need to find a better circle?

It always seems that folks with plenty of good friends aren't on the hunt. Those who have no friends seek me out.

There's a reason for most everything, unless you talk to my daughter :yuck:

backhoeboogie":2h4hv8wp said:
Maybe you need to find a better circle?

It always seems that folks with plenty of good friends aren't on the hunt. Those who have no friends seek me out.

There's a reason for most everything, unless you talk to my daughter :yuck:

You make a good point Backhoe, if someone's like that who I have a personal relationship with than we no longer are friends, I just disappear. The biggest problem seems to come from a few members of our staff, they seem to feed on each other and involve my wife in their BS, which involves me, she is more trusting in the possible truth than I am, even after I point out numerous lies that person has been caught in. It just gets old and staff is expensive to replace. Another factor is social groups with many members where I enjoy the conversation, but there are two or three crisis junkies in the group. Those I can ignore, you don't throw out a great cherry pie because of a couple sour cherries. But lies from my children frustrate me more than anything. But in my case the lies from my kids (20 something's) are little and pointless.

Alan

Don't know why but it's basic human nature. It starts when we're small. I have three small children they do it constantly (the drama that is). It takes a lot of effort not to be that way, and it does not always come with maturity for some people. Coincidentally the more successful you are the more tantalizing it is for people to yurn for you to screw up so they talk about it. Case in point if an alcoholic quits drinking people cheer, if a t-totaler gets drunk people love it.

Alan":2ch3ut7i said:
The biggest problem seems to come from a few members of our staff, they seem to feed on each other and involve my wife in their BS, which involves me, she is more trusting in the possible truth than I am, even after I point out numerous lies that person has been caught in.

Alan

Trust is no doubt a two way street. I heard what you said. But what I am thinking is that you chose a good wife.

It's a deep-seated psycological problem that goes back to childhood.(at least for some people) They grow up watching their parents stress over things that should just be part of life for a healthy adult and it scares the $hit out of them because they're just kids but they're faced with adult problems and they learn that life is just a series of mini-dramas that will work out. So they create drama and panic where there may not be any because that is comfortable and normal for them.
That is the same mindset that keeps people poor. Some people that grow up poor but are extremely smart/talented will force themselves back into the lifestyle they learned as a kid because they are comfortable living that way. If they get a job that pays $50 an hour but have the mindset of someone worth $10 an hour, they'll waste money until they're left with $10 an hour and be just as poor as they were growing up. Sooner or later they'll likely lose the $50 an hour job because they don't feel like they belong there and don't act like it either.

Some just crave attention and if they don't get it they create it. Give'em an "Everything is gonna be ok" and walk off.

Latest posts