Gotta do what you gotta do

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Started with 9 shear pins broke all had a strip left so I came up with this using 2 broken pieces and finished and cut a lil more.

MacGyver for sure!.. I've had similar fixes.

What the heck are you cutting that you've been breaking so many shear pins?

Nesikep":t24rwroe said:
MacGyver for sure!.. I've had similar fixes.

What the heck are you cutting that you've been breaking so many shear pins?

Anything the tractor will knock over I'll cut it. :D

I think the best people to come up with a solution to a problem using what they have readily available has to be someone on a Navy ship or a farmer! Being creative will keep you young skyhightree1. Nice job.

D2Cat":v1b5xl68 said:
I think the best people to come up with a solution to a problem using what they have readily available has to be someone on a Navy ship or a farmer! Being creative will keep you young skyhightree1. Nice job.

Thanks.

chevytaHOE5674":v1b5xl68 said:
Time to add a slip clutch to that mower. Will probably save you money over buying all those shear pins. ha

I have one and everytime i say im going to do it I don't.. I use this bush hog maybe once a year so keep saying ill do it next year

chevytaHOE5674":oc3enw8x said:
Time to add a slip clutch to that mower. Will probably save you money over buying all those shear pins. ha
I NEVER thought I would agree with this years ago, but I do now.

snoopdog":3f2vpg0j said:
chevytaHOE5674":3f2vpg0j said:

Or you could just buy a good heavy duty mower, like a Brown, Rhino, or a Bushwacker.

Anything the tractor will knock over I'll cut it. :D[/quote]

That's my way of thinking to, if the tractor will go over it, the bush hog d@mn well better!

True Grit Farms":2ldcwljl said:
Or you could just buy a good heavy duty mower, like a Brown, Rhino, or a Bushwacker.

Those all still have slip clutches or shear bolts and will slip/shear if you get into heavy enough material... ha

True Grit Farms":2124l98o said:
snoopdog":2124l98o said:
chevytaHOE5674":2124l98o said:

I have heavy duty one. The grade pins are the problem.

10-e-c-dirtfarmer":2124l98o said:
Anything the tractor will knock over I'll cut it. :D

That's my way of thinking to, if the tractor will go over it, the bush hog d@mn well better![/quote]

Yep.. sorriest bushhog I had was a howse came with a tractor pacakage I bought if you bump something it bends in the whole side.

chevytaHOE5674":2124l98o said:
True Grit Farms":2124l98o said:

Those all still have slip clutches or shear bolts and will slip/shear if you get into heavy enough material... ha

Bingo

Latest posts