Gotta brag on my wife

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Gotta brag on my wife a bit. She's a Texas A&M graduate so as you would expect I had to educate her quite a bit on some things. One of which was to get her out of her idealistic nievity regarding society. I've encouraged her to look at things close before letting her heart make irrational decisions. This has been a tough one cause she truly is an angel and means well. This has sometimes been an expensive education but she finally is coming around and is beginning to understand how you can help someone without being used.

As mentioned before, we give our thanks to the Lord in ways other than what man's churches might prefer. She has finally learned that its best for us, as a family, to discuss these things before we take them on and when and if we take them on we will do so as a family. A while back she mentioned a family who was having trouble due to some health problems which was far out of their control. It was just a stroke of bad luck that could befall anyone. This problem left them on the brink of utter disaster with the husband unable to work and unable to get any help that would matter. One of those hard working family types that falls into the cracks of a system that rewards adulterous and sinful living and punishes the working families - if you know what I mean.

The wife took on another job to make ends meet and had the family treading water but the looming debt of her husband's medical bills was always there pushing them further and further into the abyss. In steps in my wife. She does a little homework some of it a tad shady and makes a few calls and eventually tracks down the person holding the purse strings on the debt that is owed and she has a discussion with this person as - believe me - only she can do. Within 30 minutes the poor soul on the other end of the phone was in tears and the debt - nearly $100,000 - was erased and this family can now get a breath of air and get back on their feet. I don't know what I did to deserve such an angel but it must of been good and I must have been blind drunk when I did it cause I can't remember what it might be but I still think its a shame I can't get her interested in buying cattle for me because she is a helluva negotiator and that I can guarantee.

After informing the lady that the debt was forgiven the lady was in shock and thanked us with a big dish of some of the sweetest banana pudding we've ever eaten.

Jogee all I can say is "Gig'em Aggies". ;-) :clap: :clap: And after learning she is an Aggie I now realize just how intelligent you are. :mrgreen:

The road to success is filled with women---------------pushing their husbands (and friends) along.
God Bless her Jogephus--and you as well for having such good taste in the fairer sex dept.

apparently two spouses who are near evenly matched in skill, compassion, ability, right mindedness, concern and talent.

I am overjoyed at what she has accomplished.....

Hey Jogee...if I give her a couple of phone numbers think she would make a couple of calls for me?? ;-)

I was amazed myself. She did good. She really has grown in her ability to see through the scams. Its made her more jaded so to speak but what she sees now is real. She finally gets it I think.

TexBred, for the longest time I had no clue what she was doing with her fingers when someone would pass us and give us the sign and she'd gig'em back. One day I had to ask and she explained it to me. You aggies turn up in the strangest places. :lol2: :nod:

if I give her a couple of phone numbers think she would make a couple of calls for me??

You really wouldn't want to do that to someone would you? She can be stubborn as a mule and when her needle gets stuck on something ...... well ...... there's no mercy.

Your post is the best thing that I have read today. May God Bless her.

Also, she is a smart cookie to be able to get that accomplished.

She did real good, Jo. :clap:
Men should always remember to never get in the way of a determined woman out to help her fellow man.