Gotta be a better way to store a truck gun

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook

Reaction score
A small one light town in central florida
I usually have the truck rifle stored between the passenger seat and center console with the barrel down on the floor board. The problem i have with that is the floor board is dirty, and the florida sand gets in the action easily. Truck is a 4 door crew cab with no tint.
Does anyone make a scabbard or storage system suitable for quick access in a situation like this?

Hook":2gjyfebs said:
I like that but dang they're pricey
Not that bad considering the old style I bought 20 years ago was 100.00 and it screwed to the roof. Older trucks actually had a metal ceiling in the cab. The newer trucks only have head liners.

I made a couple of hooks that hang from the pockets on the back of my seats. Works well and didn't cost a dime. Only problem I see for you is no window tint so people walking by can see it if they look close. I don't know if that's a problem where you are or not. I like it keeps it out of the way but right at hand no straps or anything to undo basically holds it like the gun rack you put in your window. That overhead mount is slick if you got money tho.

Hook":37v44pig said:
I usually have the teucknroflemstores between the passenger seat and center console with the barrel down on the floor board. The problem i have with that is the floor board is dirty, and the florida sand gets in the action easily. Truck is a 4 door crew cab with no tint.
Does anyone make a scabbard or storage system suitable for quick access in a situation like this?

What would be wrong with keeping it in the center console?

TennesseeTuxedo":2q34vsfc said:
Hook":2q34vsfc said:
I usually have the teucknroflemstores between the passenger seat and center console with the barrel down on the floor board. The problem i have with that is the floor board is dirty, and the florida sand gets in the action easily. Truck is a 4 door crew cab with no tint.

It's a rifle.

Cb, that would be sweet if it came in a configuration for bucket seat with console in between

Hook":ban25glv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":ban25glv said:
Hook":ban25glv said:

It's a rifle.

Cb, that would be sweet if it came in a configuration for bucket seat with console in between

Like this.
http://www.amazon.com/Hatchie-Performan ... GT3DVBN50Y

I don't like for people to see what is in the truck. Usually I just put them in a soft case under the back seat. If I leave the back of the case unzipped I can open the back door and slide the 30-30 out of that case pretty quick... and usually don't knock my mirror off... bang the windshield... hit the person in the passenger seat with the butt... ect :D

In my old bench seat truck I had a scabbard that was built into the front of the seat covers and kept it in there. Now it just rattles around amid the junk on the floor in the back behind the front seat. Most of the time my truck rifle is a 357 mag revolver

When I saw the title I was thinking there really isn't much better way for quick easy access than an old school gun rack in the back window.

Never thought about a 4dr crew cab though, you'd have to have awful long arms to reach the gun when you wanted it! :shock: :shock: :shock:

An overhead type gun rack would keep the gun clean and accessible yet out of the way, if you have enough headroom.

many years ago I had a seat cover that was woven sort of like a navajho blanket and now I don't remember if it was in teh front or the back but there was a sleve that was part of the seat cover that ran the length of the bench seat and was a great place to carry a long gun..

but when was the last time I was in a truck with a bench seat.....

pdfangus":3h4eotam said:
many years ago I had a seat cover that was woven sort of like a navajho blanket and now I don't remember if it was in teh front or the back but there was a sleve that was part of the seat cover that ran the length of the bench seat and was a great place to carry a long gun..

but when was the last time I was in a truck with a bench seat.....

I had one just like it in a 80 Model Ford single cab.

I remember putting the blanketass Indian seat covers in '74 '79 reg. cab Fords, they held the rifle in a full length sleeve along the seat front. it must have been in the '86 that I cut down a back window rack and mounted out of sight behind the seat. The vibration in the U racks about ruined the finish on my Savage 222/20 gauge over/under. @

Latest posts