Got two cows gonna bust soon if they don’t calve

Help Support CattleToday:

If he's anything like my vet he's always 2-3 months off

I'd say they will calve pretty soon. Not unusual for the vet to be off a little especially if they were in the early stages when palpated.
By the way nice looking Herefords. I love a good Hereford cow.

Most Herefords seem to dilate more and wait longer.
My be the reason they tend to prolapse more.

kentuckyguy said:
I'd say they will calve pretty soon. Not unusual for the vet to be off a little especially if they were in the early stages when palpated.
By the way nice looking Herefords. I love a good Hereford cow.

Thank you I do as well but these suckers sure do eat a lot more than my black cows

farmerjan said:
Didn't happen without the pictures of a 140 lb calf !!!!! :bs: :hide: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

farmerjan said:
Didn't happen without the pictures of a 140 lb calf !!!!! :bs: :hide: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not Neskip but this is the biggest calf that we've ever bothered to weigh. 137# heifer calf. Momma didn't want to have anything to do with her (she gone).

So the momma that had the 137 pound heifer probably needed some pain meds. That probably would have made her more likely to want that calf. I can tell you that after a difficult birth you feel like dying and some pain relief can make you have a whole new perspective on the situation. A little time can help too. Drugs and time dont always fix this problem but most of the time we had this issue with horses, it did fix it.

ccr said:
farmerjan said:
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
I can do better, here's video.. This is of her previous calf, same sire, same weight
https://youtu.be/GwcnbPEmnRs

Based on the video and how fast she leapt to her feet Tizia would likely faint if she had a run of the mill puny babe. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat: