Got to thinking

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
After reading Herfordcross's post I got to thinking about TSC. Does Walmart own or control a big chunk of TSC? I know that several TSC stores have gone into old Walmart buildings when a Super Walmart was built and there is already talk here that TSC will come in after the new Super Walmart is built in Lockhart. The coverage area works out about right.Z

MillIronQH":18kawswe said:
After reading Herfordcross's post I got to thinking about TSC. Does Walmart own or control a big chunk of TSC? I know that several TSC stores have gone into old Walmart buildings when a Super Walmart was built and there is already talk here that TSC will come in after the new Super Walmart is built in Lockhart. The coverage area works out about right.Z

No.
But I've asked the same question. TSC here is in the old Wal Mart.
Every empty building here turns into a flea market.

They sure look related. Same inventory patterns. Same "minimun warm bodies with no knowledge" employment practices.Z

MillIronQH":1w32ni0k said:
They sure look related. Same inventory patterns. Same "minimun warm bodies with no knowledge" employment practices.Z

Imitation is flattery. I could be wrong, but pretty sure they don't have common ownership. The first Wal Marts were well located as far as traffic patterns etc. So it's not a bad idea to grab their old locations.
Yeah, don't expect any technical answers.

I heard that they were connected...but I don't know it for a fact.

Alice

Tractor Supply Company
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tractor Supply Co.)
Jump to: navigation, search
Tractor Supply Company logo
New Holstein, Wisconsin store

Tractor Supply Company (often written as "Tractor Supply Co." or "TSC") NASDAQ: TSCO is a large retail chain of stores that offers a number of products for home improvement, agriculture, lawn and garden maintenance, and livestock, equine and pet care.

Founded as a mail order tractor parts business in 1938, the first Tractor Supply Co. retail store was founded in 1939 in Minot, North Dakota. As of 2006, the chain has over 658 stores in 37 states, predominantly in the southern and midwestern United States. TSC is headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, a suburb of Nashville.

By offering more specialized products than most home improvement retail chains like The Home Depot, Lowe's or True Value, Tractor Supply Co. markets itself as a more rural alternative to the larger home improvement chains. Its current advertising slogan is "The Stuff You Need Out Here".

According to several marketing publications, TSC's target market isn't people who make their living at farming and ranching, but "hobby farmers", i.e., people who relish the rural lifestyle but earn their living in white-collar jobs.

TSC was part of a group that purchased the bankrupt Quality Stores, Inc., which had operated nearly 300 stores in 30 states under the names: CT Farm & Country; Country General; Quality Farm & Fleet; County Post; Central Farm and Fleet, and FISCO.

john250":1vsqzrpf said:
Tractor Supply Company
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tractor Supply Co.)
Jump to: navigation, search

Tractor Supply Company (often written as "Tractor Supply Co." or "TSC") NASDAQ: TSCO is a large retail chain of stores that offers a number of products for home improvement, agriculture, lawn and garden maintenance, and livestock, equine and pet care.

Founded as a mail order tractor parts business in 1938, the first Tractor Supply Co. retail store was founded in 1939 in Minot, North Dakota. As of 2006, the chain has over 658 stores in 37 states, predominantly in the southern and midwestern United States. TSC is headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee, a suburb of Nashville.

By offering more specialized products than most home improvement retail chains like The Home Depot, Lowe's or True Value, Tractor Supply Co. markets itself as a more rural alternative to the larger home improvement chains. Its current advertising slogan is "The Stuff You Need Out Here".

According to several marketing publications, TSC's target market isn't people who make their living at farming and ranching, but "hobby farmers", i.e., people who relish the rural lifestyle but earn their living in white-collar jobs.

TSC was part of a group that purchased the bankrupt Quality Stores, Inc., which had operated nearly 300 stores in 30 states under the names: CT Farm & Country; Country General; Quality Farm & Fleet; County Post; Central Farm and Fleet, and FISCO.

Ok, ok...said I just "heard" it...didn't know if it was true... :p

Alice :)