Got sushi??

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Just picked up 2 lbs of sushi grade tuna. Mmmmm
photo-131.jpg

Tried it once and that was enough. It wasn't bad but the mental aspect is to much for me, although, I will eat the testacle of a bull??? That doesn't make much sense now that I think about it.

Wife loves it, every year for her B-Day I take her out for sushi and I eat something else.

I wouldnt even try it until about 10 years ago. Tradition is the first tuna ever that a person catches they have to take a slice and chow down. The fish is often still kinda warm. Take a nice ice of the loin and voila... Sashimi. So my first yellowfin I did, and I was hooked ever since. Tuna and cobia however are the only ones I like sashimi style. My wife likes the octopus,
snapper, tuna. Most all Of it but she likes it better in sushi rolls. I prefer to get to the meat of things

hooknline":21bm8uvg said:
I wouldnt even try it until about 10 years ago. Tradition is the first tuna ever that a person catches they have to take a slice and chow down. The fish is often still kinda warm. Take a nice ice of the loin and voila... Sashimi. So my first yellowfin I did, and I was hooked ever since. Tuna and cobia however are the only ones I like sashimi style. My wife likes the octopus,
snapper, tuna. Most all Of it but she likes it better in sushi rolls. I prefer to get to the meat of things

When I killed my first buck an old German guy that hunted with us got fighting mad because I refused to eat one of the organs raw, can't remember which one now, to long ago.

Dun is right. Sushi belongs ON a fish hook. I have spent allot of time in Asia. I have tried many, many strange and exotic foods like cat, dog, monkey, snakes, turtles, jellyfish, water buffalo, bird spit soup and hundreds of other things I didn't recognize.......I drew the line at sushi. I don't like fish that tastes fishy and raw fish tastes too fishey for me.

one of my favorites is Sashimi parked next to a porterhouse thats winked at the grill as it was being put on a plate.

HOSS":u8z3zuvn said:
Dun is right. Sushi belongs ON a fish hook. I have spent allot of time in Asia. I have tried many, many strange and exotic foods like cat, dog, monkey, snakes, turtles, jellyfish, water buffalo, bird spit soup and hundreds of other things I didn't recognize.......I drew the line at sushi. I don't like fish that tastes fishy and raw fish tastes too fishey for me.
I despise fish that tastes fishy. Mahi, blackfin tuna, poorly handled grouper and snapper, bass.
I'm a fish snob, I know. But good sushi tuna has not one iota of fishy taste to it.
I'd be happy to prove it to any member that comes for a visit.
Good news is the fresh oyster come in next week and I'm all over that. October and November Are my months to host little cook outs, with pork and seafood being the highlights.
I'm getting hungry again. Be right back

HOSS":1j7rt19p said:

Hmmmm ,you ate cat ,dog and monkey :yuck: but you draw the line at raw fish ????? :lol: :lol2:

Years ago my boss at a gas station would have his brother bring in a bushel basket of fresh oysters and those 2 would just gobble them up. I gave him a bad time about so much he finally came back with the old standby. "Don;t knock it if you've never tried it". So I tried it, about the 4th or 5th time that thing came back up he aside "now you can go ahead and knock it"!

hillsdown":1zf6qon5 said:
HOSS":1zf6qon5 said:

Hmmmm ,you ate cat ,dog and monkey :yuck: but you draw the line at raw fish ????? :lol: :lol2:
I ate most of that stuff overthere too, most times when I was hammered. Ate sun dried fish sober and it wasn;t bad. But I agree with the balut, I don;t think my dog would eat it and she licks her butt.

dun":jl51bbu1 said:
Years ago my boss at a gas station would have his brother bring in a bushel basket of fresh oysters and those 2 would just gobble them up. I gave him a bad time about so much he finally came back with the old standby. "Don;t knock it if you've never tried it". So I tried it, about the 4th or 5th time that thing came back up he aside "now you can go ahead and knock it"!
:lol:
Codey has watched me eat oysters since he was old enough o know what they were. He's tied them 5 or 6 times and they never stayed down until he tried one last week. That one stayed down but he didn't like it. But he loves steamed mussels. Go figure

hooknline":2a0onr0a said:

That might be ok battered up and chicken fried. :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

I like them grilled oysters, take em off as soon as they pop. Add a dash of crystal and your good to go.
Hook do you use wasabi sauce?

"Who put those minnows on my pizza pie?"

My personal thought is that we didn't claw and fight our way to the top of the food chain just to turn around and regress back a couple thousand years and start eatin raw fish again.
Your results may vary