Got some of those good panels.

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm off to Farmfest in a couple of weeks to do some chute shopping, Arrowquip will be there but it will be outside my budget but we have quite a few other good local manufacturers as well so I'm hoping something will suit and fit my budget but I'm sure the price rises will be horrific.
The idea is to make things as easy as possible during my twilight years.

Ken

Nice set up,đź‘Ť. Arrow Quip is quality equipment and no doubt it will last for a long time. I've had my ArrowQuip 86 model for 4 yrs now and still love it. I have been toying with upgrading to the hydraulic version and the dealer said he could sell mine for what I paid for it. Just not sure I can justify the hydraulic chute, but the a neighbor has one, and oh man hard to resist after working cattle through it.

'Bout dang time! Finally got my Christmas present delivered and set up Friday, just in time to work cattle yesterday. I'm in love with the Arrowquip chute!
That's very nice. I'm so envious of those pipe pens in your area. We need to redo our catch pen and working pens sometime in the future, and I'd love to put pipe in rather than guardrail.

How's the husband doing?

That's very nice. I'm so envious of those pipe pens in your area. We need to redo our catch pen and working pens sometime in the future, and I'd love to put pipe in rather than guardrail.

How's the husband doing?
Kyle/Triple S Ranch Supply actually makes the free-standing panels. You're pretty handy with a welder, aren't you? Not sure of the availability of pipe in your area - it's plentiful around here because of all the oil wells.

He's doing better, thanks. Currently has occupational therapy twice a week, working on range of motion, dexterity & strength - of which he has essentially zero. But he has a good attitude and that's half the battle.

Kyle/Triple S Ranch Supply actually makes the free-standing panels. You're pretty handy with a welder, aren't you? Not sure of the availability of pipe in your area - it's plentiful around here because of all the oil wells. Pipe is pretty much nonexistent here, and if you can step across it - I can weld it! :ROFLMAO:

He's doing better, thanks. Currently has occupational therapy twice a week, working on range of motion, dexterity & strength - of which he has essentially zero. But he has a good attitude and that's half the battle.
Glad to hear Jerry's doing better, but you're awful hard on that man!

I delivered a trailer Monday morning to B&B Livestock Supply in Camp Point, Illinois. It's in the middle of hundreds of miles of corn and soybean fields but they had a lot of ArrowQuip in stock. I sure like how they are made.

Can those RR ties and pine poles be easily loaded on a trailer and hauled from pasture to pasture with a tractor or skid steer?
Not sure if you've noticed... but most cows have legs. (I'm just being a smart-a**) We buy trailers to move them around. Now we need portable panels so we don't have to move the cows? I'm sitting here trying to weigh out the cost/benefit of portable versus permanent corrals and and it's coming up pretty even...

Of course some people have their property all split up...

Last edited:
Not sure if you've noticed... but most cows have legs. (I'm just being a smart-a**) We buy trailers to move them around. Now we need portable panels so we don't have to move the cows? I'm sitting here trying to weigh out the cost/benefit of portable versus permanent corrals and and it's coming up pretty even...
Permanent corrals are great. Except when you have one cow that needs treatment and she's over a mile away. I have been able to load directly onto the trailer in the pasture, generally using cubes as bait, but it's always a gamble. We have one portable corral and (now) 2 permanent. And I'd still love to have another small portable that's easier to manage/move by myself. The cost/benefit is that it would make my life easier.

Latest posts