Got some more irrigation pipe

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Through facebook I found a local guy selling irrigation pipe, 2 massey 255's, a Case 350 dozer, and a whack of other stuff.. pretty good prices on all of it (except he's got pipe dreams for the non-running dozer).

about 60 pieces of 2" and 40 pieces of 3"... Next load will look similar with 4" and 5"... We got it for not a whole lot more than scrap, especially with all the fittings there were (6 hydrant openers = $900, elbows @$100 each, plugs at $30), and it's just about all Wade Rain, which is the style we use here.. That power line road was 'interesting' to come down with a big load... I got a lot more on that rack than I figured I would.. I built it about 5 years ago knowing that SOMEDAY I'm going to have to jump on a deal, and hauling 40' of anything is not easy, so I built the rack..

20160906_160005.jpg

Nesikep":2hacytdb said:
Through facebook I found a local guy selling irrigation pipe, 2 massey 255's, a Case 350 dozer, and a whack of other stuff.. pretty good prices on all of it (except he's got pipe dreams for the non-running dozer).

about 60 pieces of 2" and 40 pieces of 3"... Next load will look similar with 4" and 5"... We got it for not a whole lot more than scrap, especially with all the fittings there were (6 hydrant openers = $900, elbows @$100 each, plugs at $30), and it's just about all Wade Rain, which is the style we use here.. That power line road was 'interesting' to come down with a big load... I got a lot more on that rack than I figured I would.. I built it about 5 years ago knowing that SOMEDAY I'm going to have to jump on a deal, and hauling 40' of anything is not easy, so I built the rack..

20160906_160005.jpg

Wow would hate to meet you on that road!

Yeah, whoever I was meeting was going to be the one backing up!.. I mean I *could* do it, it would just be painfully slow.

I estimate my total weight in aluminum was about 6500 lbs.

I also got 2 pieces of 24 foot long half culverts (24" culvert), I figure I might make a feeder out of one of them.. the one I have has seen it's days.

Yesterdays load was *really* live on the highway.. anything over 40 mph and it would start swaying wildly.. part of that was due to my rear tires being aired down a lot, which is great for the dirt roads.. So today I aired them up good, and chattered my teeth out on the 30 miles of road that doesn't look much better than what's pictured, but it paid off on the highway, I was able to do 55 and was perfectly comfortable.

greybeard":2g5uuq2u said:
:clap:
Did the 4 wheeler come with the pipe?
4 wheeler was $100... will have it running tomorrow... fuel system is gummed like heck.. will need some more in depth TLC over the winter, engine is in mint shape though.. CV joints and U joints will need to be done, and the mounting points for the plastics will have to be redone.. brakes, etc need to be looked at and a few other things.
My XR100 packed it in this morning (cam chain went loose and bent a valve.. ran fine when I parked it, no compression this morning), my 2 other bikes are in pieces (parts in on Monday), so it'll just come in handy to tide me over

Nesikep":33bqza0z said:
greybeard":33bqza0z said:
My XR100 packed it in this morning (cam chain went loose and bent a valve.. ran fine when I parked it,
As a diesel and gasoline mechanic for several decades, I've heard that 100 times--tractors, vehicles, lawnmowers, oil field engines and equipment. "Well, I dunno..It was runnin like new when I parked it..." as ya look and see a 4" tree growing out the middle of it..
:lol2: :lol2:

What are you paying per stick? Here it's close to $50. I need to buy some more next year, but I've got a bunch of other things on my plate to buy first.

That's a crazy picture by the way. Nothing I'd be interested in trying with a load like that.

greybeard":2tqfxgeh said:
Nesikep":2tqfxgeh said:
greybeard":2tqfxgeh said:
My XR100 packed it in this morning (cam chain went loose and bent a valve.. ran fine when I parked it,
As a diesel and gasoline mechanic for several decades, I've heard that 100 times--tractors, vehicles, lawnmowers, oil field engines and equipment. "Well, I dunno..It was runnin like new when I parked it..." as ya look and see a 4" tree growing out the middle of it..
:lol2: :lol2:
I said it ran fine, NOT LIKE NEW when I parked it. it burned more oil than fuel.. either way, I rode it to where I parked it and that was the end of it, cam chain tensioner was really not doing it's job, I got that working again and retimed, but the valve had been bent by then.. not much, but enough to not seat.

Bestoutwest":2tqfxgeh said:
What are you paying per stick? Here it's close to $50. I need to buy some more next year, but I've got a bunch of other things on my plate to buy first.

That's a crazy picture by the way. Nothing I'd be interested in trying with a load like that.
Load wasn't heavy, just long.

NEW 3" irrigation pipe is about $140 with a riser and brass sprinkler.. $50/length is about what it goes for at auctions depending on condition.

We got 40 pcs of good 2" with sprinklers, 15pcs of good 3" that was mainline (will be sprinkler line, it's straight), 11 pcs of 3" with hydrants, 2 pcs 4" hydrant line, 2pcs 4" mainline, and 14 pcs of 5" mainline, 4 hydrant openers, pile of elbows and plugs, the 2pcs of 24"x24ft half culverts, a good roll of 3/8 winch line... and a HUUUGE pile of scrap... $2000.. BUT I had to load it and drag some of it out of the bushes.. it was an exhausting 2 days of work

I gave up cutting it with the pipe cutter really early on... Found the chainsaw was much easier! I can always clean up the cuts at a later date

Latest posts