Got my eye on this one

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
This bull calf was born 3/21/14. He is out of a Carolina Fortune cow and an Atlas bull. I am excited to see how he will develop. He has the look of quality already :cboy:

Nice calf, are you watching him as a bull prospect? And of course, i breath a sigh of relief as i do not see with rose colored glasses. ;-)

cowgirl8":1aakv2h0 said:
Nice calf, are you watching him as a bull prospect? And of course, i breath a sigh of relief as i do not see with rose colored glasses. ;-)
Not for myself but for (I hope) a lucky customer. I'll see how he develops. If he keeps coming on like he is he will keep his cojones for now. At weaning he will get a deeper appraisal. I cull hard. Since I have started raising registered stock only 3 bulls have made it past the knife. Two are doing a great job for happy owners and one became a fence jumper and was sold to someone with no neighbors. I have mostly been retaining heifers.

HOSS":2o6fgd22 said:
cowgirl8":2o6fgd22 said:
Not for myself but for (I hope) a lucky customer. I'll see how he develops. If he keeps coming on like he is he will keep his cojones for now. At weaning he will get a deeper appraisal. I cull hard. Since I have started raising registered stock only 3 bulls have made it past the knife. Two are doing a great job for happy owners and one became a fence jumper and was sold to someone with no neighbors. I have mostly been retaining heifers.
Good deal.......i hope you share his progress... :D

He has the tools to be a good one. Hopefully, he will continue to grow and keep being impressive as he matures. I'm not a Gelb knowledgeable breeder, but it was interesting to see that amount of dewlap on a breed other than Simmy's. Is that normal for the breed?

Latest posts