Got My Buck Back

Help Support CattleToday:

Kenny, I haven't shot very much ammunition through it or even shot it a lot but from what I have done it's good up to pretty much 100 yards. I haven't put a scope on it that would help figuring the true distance. Most everywhere I hunt that's my distance anyway. A good light gun that's a quick and easy sight on target gun with pin point accuracy within 100 yards especially 85 yards and closer. That's how I would describe it with my amount of experience with it.

I haven't killed anything but paper with it but I love to shoot it...and carry with a 357 sw revolver I feel like a real bada$$

Yeah, I'm happy with the mount. Mark Thomas with Wildlife Creations in Christian County, KY did the mount. He mounts pretty much anything from all over the country and does a great job. Fence was put in by Fencing By Frank out of Trigg County, KY back in early 2000's. I think 02 or 03.

Jogeephus":w6l5475k said:
Nice buck. Sure is better than some of the trophy spikes some of the guys shoot around here.

"once a spike always a spike" I remember that argument like it was yesterday. Game camera's and deer farms have pretty much debunked all that BS.

True Grit Farms":25shewx4 said:
Jogeephus":25shewx4 said:
Nice buck. Sure is better than some of the trophy spikes some of the guys shoot around here.

"once a spike always a spike" I remember that argument like it was yesterday. Game camera's and deer farms have pretty much debunked all that BS.

Yet they continue to shoot them as if those antlers taste good. Its crazy.

And how bout the fella who shoots a 50 lb button buck because, "he didn't know what it was". I've heard that one more than just once. Bullet behind the ear is appropriate in this case I think.

Should have let him go until he was 4-1/2! lol The farm deer are interesting to look at, but starting to get a little outrageous. I talked to several deer farmers whos breeding program is based on the potential of 200" deer at 1-1/2 years. Evidently the death loss from 1-1/2 to 3-1/2 is sucking the profit out of selling high fence shooters. They don't even look real with 200" of antler when they only weigh 100 lbs.

Latest posts