Got my ballot the other day

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
Just got my ballot for this falls election in the mail the other day. Our township elects not to hold an open polling place in order to save money as we only have 14 registered voters. I was wondering being that most of us live in rural or more remote areas do many of you vote by mail in ballot also?

Around here, election days are kind of social occasions. You get to visit with a lot of folks you don't normally get to see at the polling place.

john250":d4epk9oa said:
Fourteen voters in a township? I thought I lived in the boonies.

I thought you lived on another planet? :shock:

I bet ACORN could find at least 28.

Yikes! :shock:

Jim62":d4epk9oa said:
Around here, election days are kind of social occasions. You get to visit with a lot of folks you don't normally get to see at the polling place.

Jim I have lived in even less populated areas that held an open poll and it was like a big social occasion also, coffee, food, miss that stuff really.

14 people, wow that is a small community.

Big day for us today, will be heading to the polls on my way to town.
I hope everyone in the West gets their buts out today to vote, hubby voted at the advanced poll last week, first time in his life he has ever voted and of course first time as a Canadian citizen.. :D

hillsdown":1gkvkjn2 said:

I hope everyone in the West gets their buts out today to vote, hubby voted at the advanced poll last week, first time in his life he has ever voted and of course first time as a Canadian citizen.. :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: Give him a big ol' hugg. Now he has the right to bitsh about the government. :lol:

john250":26h33m13 said:

You are under estimating ACORN. They could do much better than that. Surely there are several thousand cows in that area.

backhoeboogie":2j35xy1o said:
john250":2j35xy1o said:

You are under estimating ACORN. They could do much better than that. Surely there are several thousand cows in that area.

Not to mention at least one cemetery. :mad:

MistyMorning":29ftvkqa said:
john250":29ftvkqa said:

I thought you lived on another planet? :shock:

Yikes! :shock:

Jim62":29ftvkqa said:

Jim I have lived in even less populated areas that held an open poll and it was like a big social occasion also, coffee, food, miss that stuff really.

OK, you cannot have fewer people than 14 per township. It is in the Constitution. And, I would bet there are more than 14 registered US voters at the South Pole.

TexasBred":2jlhcu15 said:
hillsdown":2jlhcu15 said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Give him a big ol' hugg. Now he has the right to bitsh about the government. :lol:

Yep, TB he was well rewarded.. :pretty:
He pays enough in taxes, so it is about time he has some what of a say to who is our elected government.. :)

john250":1ugd4z3o said:
With 14 registered voters, do they still require a photo ID?

Nope :roll: It is done by mail in :D

hillsdown":1ugd4z3o said:

Yes it is HD, but I will come clean here, that is 14 voters eligible to vote (they all don't) Does NOT include children 5, non resident owners(lake shore and recreational) or convicted felons 3 that I know of. :shock:

Congrats to him, a special day I am sure! :D

backhoeboogie":1ugd4z3o said:
Surely there are several thousand cows in that area.

Not even close bhb! :lol2:

I just can't believe that this population density astonishes you guys, really there has to be many areas west of here that has way fewer folks living in them.

TexasBred":3tasztz2 said:
backhoeboogie":3tasztz2 said:
john250":3tasztz2 said:

Not to mention at least one cemetery. :mad:

I bet they could find the Dallas Cowboys there too... :roll:

With Acorn it will elections as usual here in IL. Gotta love Chicago politicts. :oops: :oops: