Got my a$$ kicked Saturday...

Help Support CattleToday:

Last night my SIL told me he was walking their lab around the local lake on a walking trail and as they approached a couple with a pair of pitbulls the male pit bull snapped his leash and charged my SIL and his lab. My SIL is 27 and a fireman so he's in excellent shape when the pit bull latched on to his lab he hit the pit bull in the head as hard as he could swing(his hand is still sore!) and the pit bull turned loose and staggered away, he said he must have almost knocked the dog out. The owners apologized several times and led their dogs away. There's no doubt that pit would have killed their lab if my daughter would have been alone and walking the dog.

I have broken up several attacks where one dog has latched onto another at the throat. I usually grab the upper jaw to pull them off and release their hold. (Dumb, I know.) But pulling a tail or kicking them off has never worked for me. Usually causes the attacker to drag the victim with them. The bites I have sustained, (resulting in stitches) have all been from the "victim" dog, once they are free! I have read that the safer way to release the jaw is with a broom or rake handle of any sort. Either way would be much harder, if not impossible, to do with 4 dogs!! Great job saving the Beagle! :clap: I would have done the same, regardless of the consequences! :D