Got hurt by bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Just a reminder to everyone as they start feeding.

It snowed last night here and even though I still have a lot of grass I decided to give the cows some rolled hay.

One roll was not unrolling like I wanted so I was helping it. A 1900lb Simmy bull decided he would butt the roll, rolling it over me and then he gave me a couple of butts to the thigh and the back of the head. Sore leg and a knot on the back of the head but nothing major.

He is not a pet and has never given any problem before. Out of the 6 bulls I own he is the one I would have been less concerned about. It can happen so everyone be careful.

He was going to market as soon as the prices improve but this might make it sooner.

kenny thomas":r8772igl said:
Just a reminder to everyone as they start feeding.

It snowed last night here and even though I still have a lot of grass I decided to give the cows some rolled hay.

One roll was not unrolling like I wanted so I was helping it. A 1900lb Simmy bull decided he would butt the roll, rolling it over me and then he gave me a couple of butts to the thigh and the back of the head. Sore leg and a knot on the back of the head but nothing major.

He is not a pet and has never given any problem before. Out of the 6 bulls I own he is the one I would have been less concerned about. It can happen so everyone be careful.

He was going to market as soon as the prices improve but this might make it sooner.

Kenny, glad that you came out of it with that little damage but you'll be sore for a while. Seems that cattle, especially bulls, loose all sense of normalcy when a new roll of hay is brought out. This is especially true if the hay is stored outside. They attack that roll with a vengeance to get "good" hay exposed. Once again makes the point that when among cattle during less than normal conditions, we must be especially careful.

Wife conned me into rolling out some hay for the stockpile cows today, she felt sorry for them. Cows looked at me like I was crazy.

If it makes you feel any better, I broke the outside bone on my left hand last week on a cow's head. Don't think she felt a thing.

cfpinz":1yv487at said:
Wife conned me into rolling out some hay for the stockpile cows today, she felt sorry for them. Cows looked at me like I was crazy.

If it makes you feel any better, I broke the outside bone on my left hand last week on a cow's head. Don't think she felt a thing.
You're not supposed to pet or pat them pets of yours so hard

cfpinz":3ee0cbv7 said:

I did that to my right hand....now have a plate and six pins in that little bone... :oops:

Got a couple of bruised ribs more from a moronic ranch hand than the bull but still it hurts glad to hear everyone is going to make a full recovery God bless :cboy:

dun":7n6gczll said:
You're not supposed to pet or pat them pets of yours so hard

Next time I'm going to pet her with a baseball bat.

CKC1586":7n6gczll said:
I did that to my right hand....now have a plate and six pins in that little bone...

I might wind up right there with you, smashed that same hand between the 4wheeler rack and a limb today. Yeah, it sucked.

glad to hear that your ok.bulls can be rough when its cold an your trying to put out hay.its a goodthing your shipping that bull as soon as possable.

cfpinz":3e8ysbte said:
I might wind up right there with you, smashed that same hand between the 4wheeler rack and a limb today. Yeah, it sucked.

You may want to try some banamine, oh, but you already knew that I'm sure. :D

MistyMorning":73xk4cnq said:
cfpinz":73xk4cnq said:

I'm just worried that if it gets infected, the wife might try and give me a shot of micotil. :shock:

cfpinz":3om89uu8 said:
MistyMorning":3om89uu8 said:
cfpinz":3om89uu8 said:

I'm just worried that if it gets infected, the wife might try and give me a shot of micotil. :shock:
I think we could get Dun to come help for that shot

I think that might be one occasion were you could get him off the farm

Well, the bull got shipped today. I told my cousin if I didn't show up in a couple of hours with him and another bull to come looking for me. Oh the second bull I had bought last year after he put a friend in the hospital with 4 broken ribs. The bulls handled easily and loaded without any problem. A little bigger than I thought, 2020 and he could put on another 300 if he was fat. The second 1980. Good to have them gone. Sore as heck still.

Had to break down and go to the Dr. today. A place in my right chest just was not getting better. The Dr. said the bull had bruised the bone and would take a while to get better. Sure glad I don't have to feed square bales, don't think I could lift them. Sure don't heal like I did when I was younger.

kenny thomas":33vf0cd3 said:
Had to break down and go to the Dr. today. A place in my right chest just was not getting better. The Dr. said the bull had bruised the bone and would take a while to get better. Sure glad I don't have to feed square bales, don't think I could lift them. Sure don't heal like I did when I was younger.
A couple of years ago I got pounded by a cow, took a year for the bruised kidney, liver and assorted internal brusise to clear up.

Latest posts