got bumps too

Help Support CattleToday:

luvmycows

Reaction score
I have spent hours/days on the computer looking for an answer, and found this place to be the best things since sliced bread. Anyway i have a 1 1/2 year old jersey mix with bumps all over too. I have had vet here and mites, ringworm, grubs, etc have all been ruled out. If you trim the hair around the bump you can scrape off the top like a shell, and on others they are just irregular shaped bumps. They started out as little round red marks that grow quite large in a short time(week). Now ive noticed that they are starting to show up on the lower part of her neck and that her dewlap is hard and feels lumpy. Does anyone have any idea what this could be??? she was my first cow and my baby--plus we are waiting for biopsy results from the two types of lesions. :(

Sure sounds like the start of a case of warts. Surely the vet wouldn't miss that though.

Are these lumps around the throat, the flank area, on the back legs just above the knee onthe outer side, and at the point of the shoulder? Is she emaciated and unthrifty?

the bumps started on her back and spread everywhere else down her sides, bellly, tail, front part of back lecks, genital area, but nothing on her neck or face or utter. Now within the last few days they have started coming up on her neck area and her dewlap is feeling hard with lumps inside it. She has been acting fine-good appetite-her usual pain in the butt self :D .. vet says lab might be leaning toward autoimmunity (spelling??) problem, but they are still cultivating it...anyone ever heard of this?? if i had a camera, id take pictures..they sort look similiar to the pictures of mdouglas has, but hers have more of a scab look to them

I don't have a clue of an answer. However, I would worm her with a pour on just to rule out a few things since you know it ain't grubs.

Latest posts