Got any world shaking Thanksgiving recipes?

Help Support CattleToday:

Not anything world shaking, but we always had Lasagne with the turkey when I was growing up :D .

I usually try to come up with one original dish every year, but I haven't really given it any thought yet.
I'm always looking for inspiration, too. I've been sitting here this afternoon thinking about making squash Gnocchi for dinner tonight, that's as far ahead as I've planned so far :lol:

A vegetable dish that doubles as a dessert. Had this for the first time a couple years ago at a relative's home, and had to get the recipe. I make it every Thanksgiving and Christmas now.

3 C mashed cooked sweet potatoes.........................2 Eggs.
1 C Brown Sugar.......................................1/2 C. Butter.
1/2 cup real milk......................................1 tsp vanilla extract.
Whip together yams, brown sugar, milk, eggs, butter and vanllla. Pour out into a buttered baking dish.

The topping:
1 C brown sugar..................1 C chopped nuts. (I use pecan/walnut mix)
1/3 C all purpose flour..........1/3 C butter
Mix topping ingredients together and crumble over the mixture in the dish. Bake at 350 deg for 30-40 minutes.

Now that sounds like something the girls would like in my house. They love sweet potatoes. I've been thinking on dishes and there is a vegetable dish I'll need to ask my wife about. Its sortof like a mixed vegetable casserole but it has water chesnuts in it. Stuff is amazing. I gotta remind her or whoever we've got to have this again this year. If she has the recipe I'll post it. I'll even eat it for breakfast.