Got a worrying phone call ... praying

Help Support CattleToday:

thanks, I know 8 wks isnt too bad but still we worry about family dont we?

her waters have broke and most likely she will be shortly flown out to canberra or sydney since the nursery here at wagga is too full.

her last boy needed a feeding tube but was good to breathe on his own when he was born at 7 wks, and even developed the suckle instinct earlier than they normally do, hope this new baby is as strong as he was!

Your sister and her baby will be fine. My nephew was three months premature and he's doing good.

she an baby should be fine.babies have a mind of their own.an sometimes they want to come fore their supposed to.

Keren":3s60h01z said:
thanks, I know 8 wks isnt too bad but still we worry about family dont we?

her waters have broke and most likely she will be shortly flown out to canberra or sydney since the nursery here at wagga is too full.

her last boy needed a feeding tube but was good to breathe on his own when he was born at 7 wks, and even developed the suckle instinct earlier than they normally do, hope this new baby is as strong as he was!
Yes, we do worry about family, and I do hope everything turns out good. My first grandbaby that was born permature, is doing very well. With the way things are nowdays with doctors, and baby care, your sister and baby should do fine. Keep us posted Keren.

So last night her water's started to break, and they were monitoring her and were going to fly her to canberra or sydney if it progressed. Then turns out last night they decided to give her something to stop the baby coming ... that worked and she's still in one piece today. But now they think they are going to give her something to induce the baby ... its all very confusing but will let you know when I know more :)

Keren,
They are probably going to induce her now because if the water has broken then there won't be any amniotic fluid surrounding the baby...from what I understand its not good to go too long with no fluid. However, I also think I remember hearing that there's something they do when babies are premature to get their lungs prepared early...I'm sure everything will be just fine...try not to worry about the unknown (even though I know its hard)...Best wishes and we'll keep you all in our prayers.

Keren,

I know it's scary, but keep thinking positively.

Alice

Keren":1obxqs1j said:
So last night her water's started to break, and they were monitoring her and were going to fly her to canberra or sydney if it progressed. Then turns out last night they decided to give her something to stop the baby coming ... that worked and she's still in one piece today. But now they think they are going to give her something to induce the baby ... its all very confusing but will let you know when I know more :)

I think that every hour in the womb is the same as a day out for lung development.Some of the stuff doctors do sounds crazy but they do have their reasons.Will keep you all in prayers keep us posted.

Latest posts