Got a Texas question....

Help Support CattleToday:

mobetter11

Reaction score
One of my kids is having to do a report for school over Texas cattle raisers. One of the things that they have to investigate is:

Are the majority of cattle raisers in Texas today native Texans, (born and raised) and if they are, what generation native Texan are they?

I thought that I would ask you guys this question since there are alot of Texas people on these boards to give him more reference material.

I'm going to apologize in advance to any of you that this might offend . If it offends you then don't worry about it. For everyone else, Thanks.

So you Texas cattle raisers: Are you a native Texan and if so, what generation.

mobetter11":1afi6bpa said:
Are the majority of cattle raisers in Texas today native Texans, (born and raised) and if they are, what generation native Texan are they?

Some could be, others not. How would anyone know where all the other cattle raisers in Texas were from.

You might contact Kim Smith at the Cattle Raisers Museum. Kim is the Administrative Coordinator for the TSCRA Foundation/Museum and maybe they can provide some info to help y'all out. Kim's email is:

[email protected]

Hope this helps!

I have never been to Texas. But there must be something out there that people like. I have a neice and a nephew that both go to A&M. She works at Camp Cooley. They say they will never live anywhere else. So Texas, you are stuck with them!! :) :) :)

Caustic Burno":44zcmy2x said:
Family came from Alabama and Georgia in 1845

Well now Caustic Burno, the man who does not want anyone to know where he lives. Now divulges that his family came (to Texas I assume) from Alabama and Georgia, and his signature indicates he is a member of the Texas and Southwest Cattle Raisers Association. Hmmmm, I'm guessing Caustic lives in Texas. Well, so much for that mystery.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

3rd Generation Texan. My family came down from Iowa around 1898. We have a picture of them somewhere in Oklahoma standing next to the covered wagon with all their belongings.

cherokeeruby":3o3sq2k0 said:
Caustic Burno":3o3sq2k0 said:

Well now Caustic Burno, the man who does not want anyone to know where he lives. Now divulges that his family came (to Texas I assume) from Alabama and Georgia, and his signature indicates he is a member of the Texas and Southwest Cattle Raisers Association. Hmmmm, I'm guessing Caustic lives in Texas. Well, so much for that mystery.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ruby anyone can join TSCRA, just wondering if you are getting your chain yanked. Also the Republic of Texas use to take in five states as it went as far North as Co. took in parts of NM WY and OK. The question didn't ask if it was Texas of today or yesteryear.

Campground Cattle":1o22ujmm said:
cherokeeruby":1o22ujmm said:
Caustic Burno":1o22ujmm said:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ruby anyone can join TSCRA, just wondering if you are getting your chain yanked. Also the Republic of Texas use to take in five states as it went as far North as Co. took in parts of NM WY and OK. The question didn't ask if it was Texas of today or yesteryear.

Now Campground and Red Bramer Ruby y'all must lead very boring lives if worrying about my residence takes time in your day. If I raised Bramers I believe I would probably have an Avatar like yours.

cherokeeruby":3fz7a3s1 said:
Framkly my dear Caustic, I don't give a ____ where you live. You are the one having a conniption fit about locals.

:p :p :p

Well now little Red Bramer Ruby I kinda think your sweet on me.
Send pictures of huntin dog, boat, tractor and cattle. Most likely have to get rid of them old bramers though. ;-)