Got a steal!

Help Support CattleToday:

circlew

Reaction score
Bought a 95 Vermeer 504 super I roller Saturday. It had only rolled 5000 rolls in 17 years. Fellow got a deal on an 06 JD from an elderly man so he needed to sale the vermeer. He had put a new drive shaft on it last winter, he bent it backing under the barn with his truck. Also came with a new set of teeth, 3 new spare bearings, and a brand new set of belts valued at 1250. Don't know what he bought a new set because the ones on it are in perfect shape. Got it for 5k. Feel like I did pretty good.

circlew":6a2qkszh said:
Bought a 95 Vermeer 504 super I roller Saturday. It had only rolled 5000 rolls in 17 years. Fellow got a deal on an 06 JD from an elderly man so he needed to sale the vermeer. He had put a new drive shaft on it last winter, he bent it backing under the barn with his truck. Also came with a new set of teeth, 3 new spare bearings, and a brand new set of belts valued at 1250. Don't know what he bought a new set because the ones on it are in perfect shape. Got it for 5k. Feel like I did pretty good.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a good hay baler.

You can bet it will have a HOST of "other" names besides Gehl, Vermeer, JD, or NH, when it breaks down right when you need it!!! At least that's been our experience... LOL

We run a Vermeer 605K. Been a good rig for us but also dang lucky that my hubby is a good mechanic. Last couple of times I've run the machinery, something BIG has broke down. (I think he gives the steering wheel over to me when he KNOWS something is about to give so he can blame me!) Took out the left front hub on our Case MFD loader tractor when I was moving round bales, and then broke something on the grapple just last week.... sigh......

LazyARanch":31sm220z said:
You can bet it will have a HOST of "other" names besides Gehl, Vermeer, JD, or NH, when it breaks down right when you need it!!! At least that's been our experience... LOL

We run a Vermeer 605K. Been a good rig for us but also dang lucky that my hubby is a good mechanic. Last couple of times I've run the machinery, something BIG has broke down. (I think he gives the steering wheel over to me when he KNOWS something is about to give so he can blame me!) Took out the left front hub on our Case MFD loader tractor when I was moving round bales, and then broke something on the grapple just last week.... sigh......

I know what you mean. I think my dad the same way. this year he would start doing a job like seeding, spraying, cutting hay. Right before a job is done here gets me to finish it and thats when the break down happens. Keeps telling me I'm bad luck but I'm starting to think I just gullible.

When we bought our NH 499 conditioner we got one heck of a good deal. It came with 2 sets of new knives, about ahalf a set of guards, box of sections, some bearings and a set of sockets and ratchets. We only paid $6000 for it. Also our 1 ton grain truck was a good one too. the guy said the transmission was gone in it but all that was a mater was it was low on oil. $500 for it.

Latest posts