Got a question for the Viet Nam War Vets

Help Support CattleToday:

I always think when i'm driving through Dalas they are all out to get me.
When in my younger days I used to drive in the figure 8 demolition derbys,Dalas dont seem much different.

However after driving a truck(18wheeler) for 10 yrs I think that Pittsburg Pa. is the worst place in the world to drive a truck.

Cal

Calman":38d5fzyc said:
I always think when i'm driving through Dalas they are all out to get me.
When in my younger days I used to drive in the figure 8 demolition derbys,Dalas dont seem much different.

However after driving a truck(18wheeler) for 10 yrs I think that Pittsburg Pa. is the worst place in the world to drive a truck.

Cal

Cal I drove a 50 ton mine dump truck through Denver on I-25 during rush hour about 27 yrs ago. I was never in a war but I'm pretty sure I have post traumatic stress disorder from that experience. I still get sick thinking about those dumba$$es driving up under me and expecting me to not run over them. People are morons sometimes.

Cal I drove a 50 ton mine dump truck through Denver on I-25 during rush hour about 27 yrs ago. I was never in a war but I'm pretty sure I have post traumatic stress disorder from that experience. I still get sick thinking about those dumba$$es driving up under me and expecting me to not run over them. People are morons sometimes.[/quote

3Way that was one of the main reasons I quit driving.People will pull out in front of a semi,go half a block and stop dead still and wait to turn left. :mad: :mad: You just have to find a hole to get through cause ya sure can't stop.
I was starting to get a terrible case or road rage,so I figured it was time to quit.

Cal

mnmtranching":37zmdxrf said:
" Putting things into perspective, any time anybody has to witness a tragic death the trauma is comparable to war. Not easy. Truth is, you got to go on."

I agree you got to go on. As tragic and traumatic as any death is you do not face it day in and day out like you do in your combat tour.

I have found that while in combat you will become closer to your buddies than in normal life.
Having said that it's very hard to take when you lost one.
I always felt an anger that would be impossible to believe in normal life. Almost to the point of no controll.Done a lot of stupid things while in anger,still can't figure out how I made it through it all.

Cal

Calman...threewaycross...

As far as I'm concerned, you didn't derail my thread. You added more perspective...any tragic death is, well tragic...doesn't matter if it's in war or peace time...and, correct me if I'm wrong, mnmtranching, but I think that is what you were getting at. The pain and anguish is not less to the loved ones that are left. And you guys, calman and threewaycross, you were worried about being a principle in possible tragic deaths. That means, at least to me, that you understand...any one that loses someone suffers, period, end of conversation. And ya'll didn't want to be complicit in it...even if it was the idiots' faults that could have caused their own deaths.

I don't know if I made any sense, but I do want to thank you for being you and sharing your perspective. My grandson will read this...thank goodness your wrote it...

Alice