Got a good rain

Help Support CattleToday:

I planted 30 acres of wheat and crimson clover last Saturday. Got an inch Sunday morning on it and I noticed it's about 2 inches tall today. We were real dry though so we need some more. 80-90% chance on tue-wed so it's looking pretty good

5S Cattle":35ti9h37 said:
I planted 30 acres of wheat and crimson clover last Saturday. Got an inch Sunday morning on it and I noticed it's about 2 inches tall today. We were real dry though so we need some more. 80-90% chance on tue-wed so it's looking pretty good
Yeah, I'm hoping that one doesn't pass us by too. The rain we got last Sunday let our oats grasp for life like a drowning person gasps for air. Pastures need better moisture ( and cooler temps) to transition to winter grasses. Nothing is thriving right now.

Went out today and checked on my pasture. Looks like everything sprouted and died off due to lack of moisture. This is the second time this exact same scenario has played out for me.

Approaching 9" of liquid moisture in the last few days, and there is a bunch of wet slushy snow to melt also, so probably close to 12" of moisture in the last 5 or so days. 3-5 more inches of snow for tonight.

slick4591":2lojatqy said:
Went out today and checked on my pasture. Looks like everything sprouted and died off due to lack of moisture. This is the second time this exact same scenario has played out for me.
Mines not dead, but it's not growing....musta had some frost a few days ago, Bermuda looks burnt.

Been showering off and on most of the afternoon. Maybe half inch so far.

Look hard enough you can see the oats in this Bermuda. Planted about a month ago.

This was planted a week ago after a rain.