Got a flu shot yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgal604 said:
Named'em Tamed'em said:
cowgal604 said:
There is nothing more painful than a tetanus booster

Ever had a cortisone shot in your palm of your hands? :shock:
I've had one in the joint that connects your big toe to your foot. I still think the tetanus was worse haha. My son ended up in the ER from his 18 month tetanus, the first time they give it.
I saved a photo for memories sake

Yep, the first MPT . I got one there also.

I was probably sidetracked when I got my last tetanus shot, I was getting 8 stiches in my neck 6 hrs after they tried to numb it :oops:

Pour little fella!

cowgal604 said:
Named'em Tamed'em said:
cowgal604 said:

I've had one in the joint that connects your big toe to your foot. I still think the tetanus was worse haha. My son ended up in the ER from his 18 month tetanus, the first time they give it.

I started grade school in 1956. I can remember when there were Public Health Nurses who went to all the schools and gave shots at public expense. Social medicine. We got tetanus, whooping cough, diphtheria, and a couple that I cannot remember. But those tetanus shots were brutal. I remember some kids having big scabs form. In those days the needles looked like irritation pipe.

Bright Raven said:
cowgal604 said:
Named'em Tamed'em said:

I started grade school in 1956. I can remember when there were Public Health Nurses who went to all the schools and gave shots at public expense. Social medicine. We got tetanus, whooping cough, diphtheria, and a couple that I cannot remember. But those tetanus shots were brutal. I remember some kids having big scabs form. In those days the needles looked like irritation pipe.
The scabs were from the smallpox inoculation it was done by scratching the skin and applying the vaccine to that scratched spot.

hurleyjd said:
Bright Raven said:
cowgal604 said:

The scabs were from the smallpox inoculation it was done by scratching the skin and applying the vaccine to that scratched spot.

You are correct. I forgot. Yes. Smallpox. The tetanus hurt like all get out.

I quit going to get a flu vac since I always have a bottle of this in the fridge.

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=8E1D3D82-FCC1-4631-89FA-593E3923A583

The wonder of modern animal medicine.
:lol:

this is only a joke, don't use that vaccine on people, it can cause reactions that can be deadly.
Although I gave it to myself on accident once, and survived.

nurse came in to give me a flu shot and i asked her if it was going to hurt-she said no it's not going to hurt her at all. didn't hurt me either :clap:

but after the second pneumonia shot, couldn't use my arm for a couple of days.

Bright Raven said:
cowgal604 said:
Named'em Tamed'em said:

I'm a couple years younger and remember when they came out with the gun! We were ran through like cattle. Coaxed you through with a sugar cube with something on it :nod:

Nothing like a Dead concert sugar cube :hide:

Named'em Tamed'em said:
Bright Raven said:
cowgal604 said:

I'm a couple years younger and remember when they came out with the gun! We were ran through like cattle. Coaxed you through with a sugar cube with something on it :nod:

Nothing like a Dead concert sugar cube :hide:
The sugar cube was the polio vaccine. It was invented by Dr. Jonas Salk. Also the Salk Research Center is working on making plants use more CO2 than they do now by storing more in their root system this is an effort to clean the atmosphere.

cowgal604 said:
76 Bar said:
Geeze better in the top of the shoulder than your azz. ;-) Moist heat applied to the site works wonders. Not even close to the discomfort following a Tetanus booster. Buck up! :lol:

Obviously you've never had a Typhoid shot.

sim.-ang.king said:
I quit going to get a flu vac since I always have a bottle of this in the fridge.

this is only a joke, don't use that vaccine on people, it can cause reactions that can be deadly.
Here I thought it was going to be a bottle of Jack.
I keep a bottle of Wild Turkey - American Honey in the cabinet for medicinal purposes.

But a "Rusty Nail" is my favorite. I challenge anyone who likes an occasional stiff drink to try one
and tell me it's not one of the best they've had. Easiest drink in the world to make.
1 shot of Drambuie (it ain't cheap) and 2 shots of Any Scotch (Drambuie is the star of the show)
over 2 or 3 ice cubes in a glass and it will put a smile on your face.

I get the flu vaccine every year and I'll swear by them ... at least for now :). Never have gotten the flu since I started getting the annual shot. If you're out in public much, especially places with big crowds like sporting events, concerts, schools, shopping centers, or you work with the public a lot and shake a lot of hands, can't stress the value of a flu shot enough.

TexasBred said:
cowgal604 said:
76 Bar said:
Geeze better in the top of the shoulder than your azz. ;-) Moist heat applied to the site works wonders. Not even close to the discomfort following a Tetanus booster. Buck up! :lol:

Obviously you've never had a Typhoid shot.

I think I had to get that one when I travelled Asia a few years ago but I think it's a drink now. Or a nasal spray. I don't remember that one being injected.

I was at Wal-Mart today flu shot $21.15 cheaper than the $40 price quote I was given elsewhere.
I said sure, 1,2,3 and easy peasy, no fuss, no muss, no pain and it was done.

Now thinking about it I've never heard of any recalls or problems getting vaccinations at Wal-Mart.
Given the sizeable discount from other pharmacy and a quick no pain shot...
Do you think I got real vaccine or just a shot of sterile water? :)

Son of Butch said:
I was at Wal-Mart today flu shot $21.15 cheaper than the $40 price quote I was given elsewhere.
I said sure, 1,2,3 and easy peasy, no fuss, no muss, no pain and it was done.

Now thinking about it I've never heard of any recalls or problems getting vaccinations at Wal-Mart.
Given the sizeable discount from other pharmacy and a quick no pain shot...
Do you think I got real vaccine or just a shot of sterile water? :)
i think you got the real thing

callmefence said:
I've never had a flu shot and I never get the flu.
My wife has to get one because she works medical. She gets the flu a couple times a year.

I've never had a flu shot either; I work in the school system and still have never had the flu.

Never will. Too many unknowns and uncertainties in the "medicine must be stuck in to you" world we are starting to see grow in a crazy way.

IMO Not every needle is good for you no matter what the medical folks say.

Latest posts