Got a flu shot yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I got one Monday and the little girl put it toward the top of my shoulder. I have never had much pain from a shot, but that one left a knot and still hurts today. From my understanding they will help protect up to eight months after the shot if they hit the right virus that comes to the States.

This year promises to be a particularly bad flu season. We look to Australia to predict what will happen here, since their winter - flu season - is our summer. Australia was hit particularly hard this year; with more than 300,000 confirmed cases and a severe form of Influenza A H3N2 predominating.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/2019-flu-season-will-be-deadlier-here-s-why/ar-AAIvrqZ?li=BBnb7Kz

I don't get one but my wife is a doctor so she has to get one. The nurse at her office pretty much gave everyone the shot at the top of the arm and everyone in the office was complaining of shoulder/neck pain the next day.

Geeze better in the top of the shoulder than your azz. ;-) Moist heat applied to the site works wonders. Not even close to the discomfort following a Tetanus booster. Buck up! :lol:

This year was terrible, it was everywhere. Interesting note, my sisters and parents all had the shot but i didnt. My sister got the flu about a month later. I reckon my dad had it too but wouldn't get tested. A lot of people died from it but most of them had underlying health problems.

76 Bar said:
Geeze better in the top of the shoulder than your azz. ;-) Moist heat applied to the site works wonders. Not even close to the discomfort following a Tetanus booster. Buck up! :lol:

There is nothing more painful than a tetanus booster

Got a price quote of $40 for this year's flu shot and will get it within next couple of weeks
when I get a round to it. I never count on more than 6 months tops for protection.

Got mine. And the pneumonia vaccine (part 1 anyway) Didn't hurt. Told the girl at CVS if it hurt me I was gonna scream so loud they'd hear me across the street at Walgreens.

I got a tetanus shot of some kind last month...because I came down with tetanus. Wasn't too bad.Also got antibiotics of some kind thru an IV. Tetanus sucks.

The IM gamma globulin shot I got 5 decades ago was the worst......that stuff was thick and the needle was large & left a mark and a lasting impression on my gluteus maximus.

The last time I got a flu shot it made me sick as a dog. That was years ago. I don't plan on getting one. I have a better plan. I am avoiding people. If you don't hear from me this winter it is because I am avoiding all of you.

Dave said:
The last time I got a flu shot it made me sick as a dog. That was years ago. I don't plan on getting one. I have a better plan. I am avoiding people. If you don't hear from me this winter it is because I am avoiding all of you.

Or you died of the flu!

Like cattle, I believe people should get their vaccinations. The Flu shot is iffy for some people. I have been getting one the past 3 or 4 years. But, I really get irritated with these parents that refuse to vaccinate their children.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Like cattle, I believe people should get their vaccinations. The Flu shot is iffy for some people. I have been getting one the past 3 or 4 years. But, I really get irritated with these parents that refuse to vaccinate their children.

I agree, vaccinating your kids doesn't just pretect them, it pretects society as there are many people who cannot have vaccinations. For the young, pregnant,elderly or people with health issues i think the flu shot is a must.

cowgal604 said:
76 Bar said:

Ever had a cortisone shot in your palm of your hands? :shock:

Named'em Tamed'em said:
cowgal604 said:
76 Bar said:

My wife had a few shots of cortisone into her tail bone, that made her eyes water.

Dave said:

You have died of Dysentery! lol.. you're in the right state for that!

When I was a social critter living in the city, I got a cold of flu several times over the course of any given winter.

In the 10 years I've been pretty much a hermit on the farm, I've had it 3 or 4 times

Named'em Tamed'em said:
cowgal604 said:
76 Bar said:

I've had one in the joint that connects your big toe to your foot. I still think the tetanus was worse haha. My son ended up in the ER from his 18 month tetanus, the first time they give it.
I saved a photo for memories sake

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Like cattle, I believe people should get their vaccinations. The Flu shot is iffy for some people.
I have been getting one the past 3 or 4 years. But, I really get irritated with these parents that
refuse to vaccinate their children.
I'll get mine bcs 2 nieces and a nephew all under 2 months will be at Christmas this year.
I'd hate it if I was the one to get them sick.
I'm in favor of childhood vaccinations, but not all on the same day.
Space them out a few months apart.

p.s.
Just to be a SoB I usually cry ouch about 5 seconds after the shot to startle the nurse and
scare any waiting in line. :)

Latest posts