Gooseneck trailer???

Help Support CattleToday:

The best for the money here is a Delta, Trailman and Travalong look good to me also but are a lot more expensive.

We've got a JP, I think they're made in AR. Everyone that uses it comments on what a good tower it is.

dun

We have a 27+5 Sure-Pull and it has been a good trailer. Generally we haul 17 4X5 rolls on it with no problems. If you get a trailer try ad get radial tires, the place we bought ours at only sold trailers with biased ply tires and the tires on the right side of the trailer wore out long before the other ones. Also the spring assist ramps sure our nice.

I just bought a Moritz brand this past fall. The whole dovetail including frame pops up instead of just the floor, helps keep from bottoming out. They are made in Ohio but I can't seem to get their website up on my computer, used to be http://www.moritzinternational.com/. Might work for someone else. My computer is like me, a little slow. Very nice trailers, kinda pricey and you better have a good truck in front of it.

dun, do you mean PJ? I thought that's what yours was. My old man has one but it bottoms out everywhere we take it.

cfpinz

cfpinz":2phk9qtx said:
dun, do you mean PJ? I thought that's what yours was. My old man has one but it bottoms out everywhere we take it.

cfpinz

Probably.

dun

I bought a new one last summer just like what you are looking for. It is a Trailerman brand. It is made in southern Missouri and I bought it from Stephens Trailers in Taylorville, Illinois. I shopped several different brands and dealers and found this to be the best buy. I was very pleased with dealing with Stephens.

Mine has three, spring assisted ramps, radial tires and twin 10,000# axels. We hauled 14 5X6 bales on it without any problem. I also use it to move a Case IH JX100u with FEL between farms. It puls like a dream. I would highly recommend both the trailer and the dealer.

There are many out there that make good trailers. I have had a few. Make sure you get one with Dexter oil bath axles if you can. Brakes on both axles. Look at the cross bracing underneath and make sure there is enough. Several good makes have already been mentioned but I think Big Tex makes the best on the market currently. (I don't own one of them by the way) I haul my Caterpillar or my backhoe and each are about 17,000 lbs. My current trailer is a bit too long since I don't need all the length and it makes turning cumbersome. Length is good to have when you use it for other things.