Gooseneck trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

Bfields30 said:
20ft 24ft Or 28ft don't need anything super fancy will be using mostly to take to sale or vet most times but I'm leaning towards 24 ft but don't know how many full grown cows can fit on one. Will use to go pickup cows couple hrs max from my place as well. Looking for advice on what guys think i should look into?
Unless you are going to haul really often just hire the hauling done. I haul a lot but if I could get my own hauled anytime I need it done I would pay someone well to do it.

Bigfoot said:
Bfields30 said:
TexasBred said:
Old feller told me to get a length that is a multiple of 8'..... 16,24,32
how many cows can fit in 24 can 10- 12 at time fit ?

A 24' will hold 12,000 pounds. I have crammed close to 14,000 in mine. I have days I wish I had went for a 28' with 3 axles. I wouldn't go smaller than 24'. You get two cut gates at 24'. Most 20' don't have 2.

I pull a 7'6" x 2 4' Wilson. That extra 6" wide is huge. 10 cows ride really nice is gated. I have had 12 fats that weighed 1,650lbs (19,800lbs) in there. They ride alright, but it sure made my 454 scream going down the road. I don't do that anymore.
It's more about the truck in front of the trailer than the dimensions of the trailer that should determine how many head to haul.

I have a 20 foot Wilson. I pull it with a Ford super duty with a 7.3 power stroke. I have hauled 12 800 pound heifers (9,600 pounds) up over a pretty good mountain pass. That was all I wanted coming down the other side. A month ago I hauled 10 cows that averaged 1,250. Coming down off Ladd Pass they all decided to dance. It wasn't a lot of fun for a couple of minutes.
My neighbor who is calving out about 1,100 cows right now has several trailers. They are all 20 foot. There are very few times I would want more length. There are other times if I could fit more cows in I would and I would regret having that much weight pushing me.

Latest posts