Gooseneck instalation

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmerCop

Reaction score
Has anyone got a average cost of a hitch instalation, I have recieved several quotes at 700 to 740.00 kinda feel like maybe someone wants to take me for a ride. but heck I could be wrong, seems to me i should have kept my old truck that already had one!!!

FarmerCop":4ao64nwc said:
Has anyone got a average cost of a hitch instalation, I have recieved several quotes at 700 to 740.00 kinda feel like maybe someone wants to take me for a ride. but heck I could be wrong, seems to me i should have kept my old truck that already had one!!!

Way high. PM me.

Caustic Burno":1fwphbrr said:
One piece of 4" channel 40 bucks trailer ball good one 25 bucks, Lincoln welding machine cutting rig, a hole saw 45 minutes later ready to hitch up.

I have done several of mine like that. It is better than a plate rotting the bed out. If you tack the nut to the channel iron you can take the ball out when not in use. :D

Flip over type ball, 30,000 lb shear force, purchased and installed with wiring inside of bed for $400. Sparks Welding and Machine, Eldon MO.

Rancher6":zwdhra40 said:
If you tack the nut to the channel iron you can take the ball out when not in use. :D

I welded a piece on the side to smack with a sledge to remove the ball. Not the eaisest way to go but, I can work out some frustration at the same time!!
Only had the ball out of there twice in the 7 years I owned the truck. Both times cause I needed to lift the bed off. Don't forget to add a touch of nevercease to them threads.

Latest posts