Goodbye, Pip

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Gave him away today. Turns out "he" is a "she". Never looked that close. It's all the same when it's peeing on your arm... Lady with two other pips took it. I hope he/she does well and has a long and happy life.

I will miss his little noises but I will not miss his big smell.

Wow, MM is going to be disappointed to hear that for sure. :( Sometimes Pip stories were the highlight of her day. Now you will have to invest in another amusing little creature (Steve doesn't count, we all have one of those already. :roll: ).

peg4x4":25zbh09q said:
She got a boy pip so they can have piplets? :lol2:

One boy and now two girls so there will probably be piplets everywhere here in a month or two. I don't know the gestation period for Pips. I just didn't think it fair. It seemed so lonely. It deserved to be with it's own kind. Steve was actually pushing for another glider to keep it company. Twice the smell, I think not.

No, John, she drove all the way from Denton, a good sixty miles anyway, to get it. One ad. Craig's List. One response. Gotta love it.

I know of a lady that lives/lived around Denton that raises/raised Sugar Gliders. Wonder if that's the same one...

Alice

Alice":3jcscuu9 said:
I know of a lady that lives/lived around Denton that raises/raised Sugar Gliders. Wonder if that's the same one...

Alice

She said that she had as many we twenty at one point. Can you say "Overwhelming smell"? I'm telling you, I have never been so offended in the olfactories. How can something that weighs a few ounces smell worse than a feed lot? Maybe I am stretching it, but it had this horrible musky smell. And everything it touched smelled that way, the cage, the room, my arm... Anyway, her name was Sue if that means anything to you. She said she was down to one male and one female. Pip makes three.

I bet the babies are cute.

Lammie":1lqt8ils said:
Alice":1lqt8ils said:

Alice

She said that she had as many we twenty at one point. Can you say "Overwhelming smell"? I'm telling you, I have never been so offended in the olfactories. How can something that weighs a few ounces smell worse than a feed lot? Maybe I am stretching it, but it had this horrible musky smell. And everything it touched smelled that way, the cage, the room, my arm... Anyway, her name was Sue if that means anything to you. She said she was down to one male and one female. Pip makes three.

I bet the babies are cute.

No, this lady's name wasn't Sue. She made a little money on them at one time. Sold them at flea markets...walked around the flea market with one on her head and a couple on her shoulders. They're cute, but they have claws and teeth and just don't particularly rock my world. I wasn't aware of the smell.

Alice

"Pip" was/is a small flying rodent called a Sugar Glider.. Somehow Alice wound up with one.. She was tricked into it I think. :lol2:

It wasn't Alice. It was me. I didn't get tricked into it so much as I went in uninformed. The bites don't really hurt, they got tiny mouths. More like a pin prick, really. They make an awful noise called crabbing when annoyed, which will scare the bejeebers out of you when you first hear it, and they smell like a combination of a locker room, garbage and bad after shave.

I can't imagine carrying one on top of my head to let it pee on me...

I read that most sugar glider owners find them another home within less than a year of getting one. They belong in the wild with the smelly monkeys.

Sorry Alice,Lammie..It was the chemo (that's the story and I'm stickin to it!)

Lammie":akbn57il said:
It wasn't Alice. It was me. I didn't get tricked into it so much as I went in uninformed. The bites don't really hurt, they got tiny mouths. More like a pin prick, really. They make an awful noise called crabbing when annoyed, which will scare the bejeebers out of you when you first hear it, and they smell like a combination of a locker room, garbage and bad after shave.

I can't imagine carrying one on top of my head to let it pee on me...

I read that most sugar glider owners find them another home within less than a year of getting one. They belong in the wild with the smelly monkeys.
like a dam ferret,,,, my uncle had one of them looked like a cross between a possum and a gopher

I am glad Pip will now have company, they really are so creepy looking, that they are cute. I think my cockatoo would think that a pip was a snack..Let alone the Kit Kat, little pip would have it's work cut out here just to survive.. :help: