Good spring pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Down here in Wood County Texas where my farms are we have had a really good spring for spring pastures. Rye grass, rescue grass, yellow hop clover, hairy vetch, and arrowleaf clover. Most of it came on its own this year. It does not take very long for a cow to gain on this kind of pasture. A lot of calves on the ground the past two months. They are doing really good, because the cows are giving them all the milk they want.

hurleyjd":2g5twxep said:
Down here in Wood County Texas where my farms are we have had a really good spring for spring pastures. Rye grass, rescue grass, yellow hop clover, hairy vetch, and arrowleaf clover. Most of it came on its own this year. It does not take very long for a cow to gain on this kind of pasture. A lot of calves on the ground the past two months. They are doing really good, because the cows are giving them all the milk they want.
where i am the grass is nice an tall.an the cows are getting fat an sassy.your right jd the grass is real lush this year.guess itll be about 6weeks before the hay is ready to cut.

Latest posts