Good Morning -18 below

Help Support CattleToday:

idylglade1

Reaction score
Got up at 4 this morning, let the hounds out and checked the temp. -18 , the wind hasn't picked up yet. It will, give it another hour or so. Suppose to have wind chills somewhere between -30 to -50 today and tommorrow. Have a load of hay and straw coming this morning. Better bundle up real good today!

I don't know how you folks live in that cold climate. I use to live in the Nevada high country and I loved the winter snow but I hated having to work in it. It seamed that the harder I worked the behinder I got. Every thing froze up all the time. I guess I sound like I'm complaining, but I am not. Part of me misses it and part of me hated it. I guess thats just life, hope you understand. Good luck, stay warm.

Just a little update we have officially hit -20 right now, not with windchill just temp! Woohoo! Gotta love it!? :lol2:

we're -14, I think this is the coldest morning of the winter. At least it's not blowing yet....

Not bragging here SERIOUSLY, but had -29 F at 7 A.M. I think I may be a little closer to the "icebox of the Nation". :cry: :help:

Wind hasn't kicked up yet....Maybe there is hope!

Hate to tell you this, but it is 17 above here and snowing. :D
We are under a winter storm warning from 11am to 2pm tomorrow. Hope there is alot. It has been a dry winter so far.

We officially hit -22! Misty stay warm, and hope the wind doesn't pick up. The wind has not picked up here yet either. Keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't.

We started out the morning at 6 and got up into the low teens with a little wind, usually less than 10 mph. I had to put my long johns and insulated coveralls on just to read this thread!

fit2btied":3o8nas45 said:
We started out the morning at 6 and got up into the low teens with a little wind, usually less than 10 mph. I had to put my long johns and insulated coveralls on just to read this thread!

We beat you. We started at 6 but hit 20 for an hour or so. Wind about 10-15 still too cold for my old bones. But it's supposed to shoot up to above freezing tomorrow.

Yep-- 15 below here again last night-- I saw where south of the Missouri (Jordan ) had 28 below once last night....Weather boys say it should stay the same thru about Tuesday and then slow warm up- with the central part of the state getting warm Chinook winds starting about Friday...
Only up to 0 at noon- finally got to 9 Above this afternoon......

Not sure if the Chinook will get this far north and east tho- as most times they follow along and stay south of the Missouri :( - but I'll take any little warmup :D ...

We hit a balmy 32F today so I went out and did some work around the place. It's down to 20 now and supposed to be 9F in the morning with a high of 19F tomorrow. That's a lot colder than I prefer. :roll:

It was up to 11 out today. Felt better than the -2 yesterday. Even saw some fellas in shorts at the hardware store.

But, blew the bearings on the furnace motor, so that counts for something. Got it fixed pretty easily. Wind never did blow today and was able to get some stuff done outside. I hope we get some of that snow that's promised.

idylglade1, I'll meet ya back here tomorrow morning to compare notes okay? I'm kinda worried about the rest of the Minnesotans...haven't heard them pi$$ing and moaning yet! :shock:

Misty, -22 at five am this morning. Yesterday it did get up to -8 here. The sun was shining, very little wind. Wasn't to bad unloading all that hay and straw. I am interested in what your temp is this morning. Have a great day!

CKC1586":9z37m48s said:
Sure am glad that west wind has to come across Lake Michigan, it warmed us up so it is only 5 F here this morning with the chill -11.

We got hte arm south wind so it's gone from 5 at 4 am to 10 at 8:40 am. Gonna get above freezing today, or so they say.

dun":2zahn0g1 said:
CKC1586":2zahn0g1 said:
Sure am glad that west wind has to come across Lake Michigan, it warmed us up so it is only 5 F here this morning with the chill -11.

We got hte arm south wind so it's gone from 5 at 4 am to 10 at 8:40 am. Gonna get above freezing today, or so they say.

"They" say we won't get out of the teens till next week. Not really awful till the winds kick up. Thank goodness for Carhart!

got down to 19 here in east texas.an was 23 when i looked at the weatherbug.so its cold here tghis morning.supposed to warm up to 45 but dont know if itll make it.

idylglade1":2t8nvghi said:
Misty, -22 at five am this morning. Yesterday it did get up to -8 here. The sun was shining, very little wind. Wasn't to bad unloading all that hay and straw. I am interested in what your temp is this morning. Have a great day!
Had -29 again...think the thermostat is stuck! Computer won't dial-up until about -20! :shock: Feels warmer though for some crazy reason.

Latest posts