Good Log Splitter

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2yvhviu8 said:
Atimm693":2yvhviu8 said:
skyhightree1":2yvhviu8 said:
Its a lot cheaper and easy to build a splitter to run off the back of your tractor hydraulics

Depends on the tractor, some don't have enough flow and take forever to cycle the big ram on a splitter.

No slower than a splitter itself

Log splitter pumps are two stage and flow a lot at low pressure. Mine will do 11 gpm, but most are higher than that.

Like I said, depends on the tractor, but a lot of smaller ones flow less than 10 gpm.

Atimm693":3tmslbyx said:
skyhightree1":3tmslbyx said:
Atimm693":3tmslbyx said:
Depends on the tractor, some don't have enough flow and take forever to cycle the big ram on a splitter.

Log splitter pumps are two stage and flow a lot at low pressure. Mine will do 11 gpm, but most are higher than that.

Like I said, depends on the tractor, but a lot of smaller ones flow less than 10 gpm.

Realistically a splitter on a tractor or a single purpose splitter is slow. Maul and firewood processors are a lot faster so apparently is someone is looking for a splitter speed isn't the priority. :tiphat:

I got this one at JCPenny's new in 1981. It has split probably and average of 10-12 cord a year. The motor was upgraded to an Estate find $25 8 horse and the cylinder has been rebuilt once. It has been pretty reliable. If you want one might check out JCPenny.

fifUR2d.jpg

skyhightree1":t4smhjw1 said:
Atimm693":t4smhjw1 said:
skyhightree1":t4smhjw1 said:

Realistically a splitter on a tractor or a single purpose splitter is slow. Maul and firewood processors are a lot faster so apparently is someone is looking for a splitter speed isn't the priority. :tiphat:

Splitters are generally slow but with the two stage pumps there a few out there that say they can do 9.5 seconds or less cycle times. Look at Eastonmade splitters out of Canada, they claim 4.5 seconds on there Ultra model. Looks pretty nice but after calling and figuring out shipping the price tag gets high quickly.

Here's a link: http://www.eastonmadewoodsplitters.com/ ... tters.html

C-Ranch":17yy2m1i said:
skyhightree1":17yy2m1i said:
Atimm693":17yy2m1i said:

Splitters are generally slow but with the two stage pumps there a few out there that say they can do 9.5 seconds or less cycle times. Look at Eastonmade splitters out of Canada, they claim 4.5 seconds on there Ultra model. Looks pretty nice but after calling and figuring out shipping the price tag gets high quickly.

Here's a link: http://www.eastonmadewoodsplitters.com/ ... tters.html

Thanks all my firewood is done with a processor these days I sell several hundred cords a year and it's easier that way

Latest posts