Good help is so hard to find

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook":3efx0981 said:
Thanks for sending that last guy you fired my way sky. So far he's working out great. He loaded this all by himself and didn't even send it into the rear window.
Thanks again
Fire the guy Hook. He ran it behind the wrong spoke. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":3op6rule said:
Hook":3op6rule said:
Thanks for sending that last guy you fired my way sky. So far he's working out great. He loaded this all by himself and didn't even send it into the rear window.
Thanks again
Fire the guy Hook. He ran it behind the wrong spoke. :mrgreen:
I agree. I'd like I see it on one of the forward spokes to help pill it forward and keep it from going backwards. But we are leaving early in the morning so I'm sure it will be fine in the dark. I'll just lock the brake and that will turn the brake lights on.

Hey! Hold my beer...watch this!

Priceless...

I've been thinking of advertising for some part-time day help...we have a bunch of things to do here. (Not really, but my sentiment for help around these parts). Here is the adv:

Wanted: Part-time day help. Various tasks. Pay $10 to $15 an hour, depending on qualifications. Skills needed: Able to identify a hoe, shovel, hammer, nail, saw, and cordless drill. Know how to use the above correctly. Supply your own tobacco, transportation to job, sodas, and no...we don't loan you any money...you get paid for actual work done. Apply within... Dress for the work to be done & come ready to work if we hire you. :cowboy:

Running Arrow Bill":1iz9dc4r said:
Hey! Hold my beer...watch this!

Priceless...

I've been thinking of advertising for some part-time day help...we have a bunch of things to do here. (Not really, but my sentiment for help around these parts). Here is the adv:

Wanted: Part-time day help. Various tasks. Pay $10 to $15 an hour, depending on qualifications. Skills needed: Able to identify a hoe, shovel, hammer, nail, saw, and cordless drill. Know how to use the above correctly. Supply your own tobacco, transportation to job, sodas, and no...we don't loan you any money...you get paid for actual work done. Apply within... Dress for the work to be done & come ready to work if we hire you. :cowboy:

You need to post it in Spanish if you really want someone to work.

Whoa--wait, back up just a minute there now.
This is all about a job........ and pay---no one said anything about work.

When I applied for my first "real" job, I was ask a few questions, mostly about my mechanical ability and experience. The business owner and another man were doing the casual interview. I noticed it seemed like they had a plan in mind. They were both looking at each other like poker players in cahoots. Then the boss man told me it might be my lucky day. He told me to walk out in front of the building, look at the tractor on the trailer and come back to them and tell them what I noticed.
I went out and looked at it. Someone had used ratchet straps to secure the tractor to the trailer.........but the front straps were hooked on to the bumper of the truck.
They told me they had a recent job vacancy and I was hired. Wish I a picture to post. It would fit well here.

Ouachita":2c6abrn1 said:
When I applied for my first "real" job, I was ask a few questions, mostly about my mechanical ability and experience. The business owner and another man were doing the casual interview. I noticed it seemed like they had a plan in mind. They were both looking at each other like poker players in cahoots. Then the boss man told me it might be my lucky day. He told me to walk out in front of the building, look at the tractor on the trailer and come back to them and tell them what I noticed.
I went out and looked at it. Someone had used ratchet straps to secure the tractor to the trailer.........but the front straps were hooked on to the bumper of the truck.
They told me they had a recent job vacancy and I was hired. Wish I a picture to post. It would fit well here.

saves on safety chains...

Is this a joke or for real? I feel a little silly thinking it's an obvious joke, but I've heard of worse. An old farmer told me that once a college professor had a flat tire in front of his house, and he was looking for the spare tire under the hood, and no, it wasn't a Volkswagen. One would think you would know the location of your own spare tire.

I think it was rigged myself, but don't doubt for a minute that people are not fully capable of infinite stupidity. Remember the phrase " Genius has limitations, ignorance has no boundary"

I worked with a man that tried real hard to impress the boss. He was towing an aircraft across the ramp on day and noticed the brakes squeaking. He didn't tell anybody until after he greased them.

Then there was this guy......I never met this guy, but it was emailed to me by a claims adjuster.....

I recently received this email from an insurance adjuster with a sense of humor Unfortunately, it is a true story Remove all beverages away from your computer keyboard area.

"Gentlemen,

We are requesting binding salvage bids on the above aircraft. The aircraft was towed with the parking brake engaged, the lineman noticed his error shortly after both wheels caught on fire. Damage to the right side is the wheel assemble and gear leg. The left wing caught on fire but all damage appears to be outboard of the wing attach point. The left wing and all flight controls are destroyed, the left wheel and gear leg are destroyed. The reason we totaled the aircraft is due to the cockpit being filled with fire suppression foam, the foam is corrosive.
The aircraft is located at the ___________ Airport in __________________ and has not been disassembled. The wheels and tires in the photos are not part of the aircraft. The original crispy wheels and tires are located inside the aircraft.

AWARD DATE

Please submit your binding salvage bid by July 00, 5:00 CST, the salvage will be awarded to the highest bidder on July 00, 2014. We will be responsible for the storage until August 00th, 2014.

We recommend a physical inspection prior to your submission. Call if you have any questions or would like additional photos.

Best Regards,
___________________"

Yes there really are stupid people

The one that jumps into my mind is the dairy cow turned up-side down in the very shallow water trough... she drown while five guys tried to roll her out by hand. Two of the guys saw her while they were driving by on loaders, one of which was hauling a down cow to the hospital pen and one of which had just returned from lifting a down cow out of a cattle guard... the loaders sat there at idle while five guys wrestled by hand with an 1,800 pound cow up-side down in a two foot deep concrete trough. :bang:
I was politely asked if I would go handle the situation impartially and I did so... I even showed them how to go about lifting her carcass out with the modern marvel of hydrolics sitting directly behind them.

Latest posts