Good friend,Good Neighbor, Good Person, R.I.P

Help Support CattleToday:

How sad, his family, friends, and you are in my prayers. Glad they caught the scumbag that did it! Sorry for your loss,
Jenna

Really sorry for yours, the law enforcement community and the citizen community's loss. These types of individuals cannot be replaced.

Thanks all for your kind words. He truly was a good guy. He did his job well and went above and beyond for all of us in the community at some point or another. He spent 40 years running up and down the highway and was happy doing it its a shame he was just talking about RETIRING last week.

That's terrible. What's worse is I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut that the shooter should have been behind bars but had been let out for some PC nonsense.

Jo, The shooter had mental issues and so did his parents. He was not charged with felon in possession of a firearm or any firearms charges which leads me to believe he was able to buy the gun legally which means he didn't have any Major criminal background. I will get full scoop and let you and everyone know. I think after this our state may make a motion to start checking for mental illness and firearms purchases.

It would only make sense that they did. I think the majority of the time people have a history before they take a step like this - or like you say - are friggin crazy. You know my dad was shot by two guys who still had 18 or 20 years on their sentences. They are out now and still have about 30 years on their sentences so I always like to do a little digging to see just how lame our justice system has become. We just let out a pediphile into the community. Again. Actually in his situation for the sixth time.

Big loss to the community and the state. Bad thing that after it happened the second trooper didn't make the kill shot on the spot. The shooter doesn't deserve a trial.

kenny thomas":2yya818w said:
Big loss to the community and the state. Bad thing that after it happened the second trooper didn't make the kill shot on the spot. The shooter doesn't deserve a trial.
Kathie thank you I will miss him a ton.
Kenny I have no clue why the backup troopers did not kill the suspect. it was actually 2 back up there . I would have floored it towards him and shot through windshield or atleast tried to run him over he definately does not deserve a trial he acted a fool in the court room this morning majorly and wants to defend himself but he can't under virginia law. Jo he did have a record for not paying child support and got in trouble for carrying a concealed weapon with no permit and is currently on probation. I think this is a instance where if I were driving by and I saw this happen I would take my .270 out my back window and handle him myself judge jury and executioner right on the spot. I still can't believe it its like bad dream.

skyhightree1":2u4guxyi said:
kenny thomas":2u4guxyi said:
Kenny I have no clue why the backup troopers did not kill the suspect. it was actually 2 back up there . I would have floored it towards him and shot through windshield or atleast tried to run him over he definately does not deserve a trial he acted a fool in the court room this morning majorly and wants to defend himself but he can't under virginia law. Jo he did have a record for not paying child support and got in trouble for carrying a concealed weapon with no permit and is currently on probation. I think this is a instance where if I were driving by and I saw this happen I would take my .270 out my back window and handle him myself judge jury and executioner right on the spot. I still can't believe it its like bad dream.
I don't want to start a big thing here, but Skyhightree, I'm just asking . . . . . would you rather have had that SOB dead on the spot, with no possible explanation later? Or make him go through the justice system? I know that going through the system is very expensive, but I think it gives more of a feeling of justice to the family than if that guy had done suicide by cop. What do you think about that? I'm curious . . . . in similar situations, some folks wish the guy would have just popped his own head off, and some want him to stand for his actions. Personally, I know it's expensive in terms of LE and prosecutorial resources, but I like to see those people run the guantlet.

Kathie in Thorp":27jyxlcr said:
skyhightree1":27jyxlcr said:
kenny thomas":27jyxlcr said:
I don't want to start a big thing here, but Skyhightree, I'm just asking . . . . . would you rather have had that SOB dead on the spot, with no possible explanation later? Or make him go through the justice system? I know that going through the system is very expensive, but I think it gives more of a feeling of justice to the family than if that guy had done suicide by cop. What do you think about that? I'm curious . . . . in similar situations, some folks wish the guy would have just popped his own head off, and some want him to stand for his actions. Personally, I know it's expensive in terms of LE and prosecutorial resources, but I like to see those people run the guantlet.

the problem is they run the gauntlet. and then live in prison for so long.would be a problem if was proven guilty regardless of sanity their sentence would be carried out.eye for an eye. we have a tendacy to feed these people and wonder why our prisons are overstocked.

Kathie I personally would rather have had him shot on the spot by a fellow trooper... I say that because hes still alive and knowing all the bs red tape and mental illness excuses criminals can get off on he could get LWOP its not fair I believe in a eye for an eye. I do not want anymore of my tax $$ to go to house a SOB such as him. His explanation of why does not matter because my friend Trooper Walker does not get a chance to explain anything any further. As for suicide by cop I think its crappy when someone does it just to do it. He could have done suicide by cop with my friend and saved all of us this heartache and i really wish he would have and not killed Junius. I say all of that to say this I personally if it were my family no matter how he died would want him DEAD.

I think there needs to be a express lane for execution for these types of incidents when there is undeniable evidence and no excuse for the violence and especially when there is a crimal history.

I read about this tragedy in the local paper. Something that's always in the back of my mind as my only Daughter is a Police Officer.
There are some real sick crazies out there. In a situation as this I believe in "an eye for an eye".

fitz

Free food, free housing, free health care, free daycare, free spending money, free phone, free education - what more can we give? Forgiveness for something like this? Not going to happen. When will they begin to take responsibility for their lives and the lives of their children?

Latest posts