Good fencing gloves

Help Support CattleToday:

Tonka

Reaction score
Who makes any good gloves that barb wire won't destroy in a day ?
Old white mules were tough as nails , but I can't find them around anymore.

Good leather gloves are hard to beat but you'll freeze in the cold and they get slimy when wet.
Farm fence turned me on to the cheap cloth gloves with rubber palms. They are great in cold wet Weather. But not good for barbwire.

Right now my favorite all around glove
Is these.

I get mine from Gempler's.Cowhide palm and finger fronts. 224349 is their sku.They also have them in a knit cuff if that works better for you.
Best part is they are reasonably priced and also come in Small to 2XL sizes.

Kinco. Only gloves I will use. Not cheap if buying individually at store, but finally found a glove site online that I can buy in bulk in sets of 12 and pay 1/2 price.

But I somehow manage to wear out any left hand glove 3 times faster than the right hand, so I only get about 2-3 months out of a set. If anybody knows on a person with only their right hand, I can set them up with slightly used right-handed gloves for life.

Aaron":3q2vn64u said:
Kinco. Only gloves I will use. Not cheap if buying individually at store, but finally found a glove site online that I can buy in bulk in sets of 12 and pay 1/2 price.

But I somehow manage to wear out any left hand glove 3 times faster than the right hand, so I only get about 2-3 months out of a set. If anybody knows on a person with only their right hand, I can set them up with slightly used right-handed gloves for life.

https://www.gloves-online.com/kinco-lined-premium-grain-pigskin-leather-palm-gloves-knit-wrist

kenny thomas":2f8fxd8f said:
Deluth Trading Co Kevlar Fencing Gloves. Barb wire won't go through them. Made especially foir barb wire fencing

Saw those . Couldn't swallow the $60 tag !

Aaron":1g4w38en said:

I have a neighbor who only has a right hand!

I get cow hide gloves in bulk from the welding supply store in town. They run about 5 bucks a pair. I lose or destroy enough of them that it's the cheapest way I've found.

I'll bring you some of the "cheap" gloves Fence mentioned. They are not cheap. Lol I usually go bare handed, especially with barbed wire.

I would really like a waterproof glove that is tough but still allows for some dexterity. Leather gloves here don't work in the winter, they get wet and slimy. Kinco makes poly coated work gloves but they are far too bulky to wear while crimping or tying wire, but they do keep your hands dry. Ok for a day when we are only pounding post, but not for building braces or doing anything with wire, you will be taking your gloves off 100x a day just so you can get ahold of something! Kinco warm grip gloves are our usual winter glove, the only problem is they get wet and stay wet. Nothing like being completely dry underneath with your rain gear and muck boots on but having freezing, wet, cold hands.

My problem is having no circulation to fingers and toes (Reynaud's-type-thing), which is exacerbated by the fact that all the work gloves are too big. They are sized for you menfolk with big hams for hands :lol: Lots of places don't carry the smalls; and the mediums I can fit both hands in.

boondocks":3949amuk said:
My problem is having no circulation to fingers and toes (Reynaud's-type-thing), which is exacerbated by the fact that all the work gloves are too big. They are sized for you menfolk with big hams for hands :lol: Lots of places don't carry the smalls; and the mediums I can fit both hands in.

I want to switch places with you. It is really difficult to find 2XL gloves here. Everything is medium, small and extra small.

fence_it":3oywleq9 said:
I would really like a waterproof glove that is tough but still allows for some dexterity. Leather gloves here don't work in the winter, they get wet and slimy. Kinco makes poly coated work gloves but they are far too bulky to wear while crimping or tying wire, but they do keep your hands dry. Ok for a day when we are only pounding post, but not for building braces or doing anything with wire, you will be taking your gloves off 100x a day just so you can get ahold of something! Kinco warm grip gloves are our usual winter glove, the only problem is they get wet and stay wet. Nothing like being completely dry underneath with your rain gear and muck boots on but having freezing, wet, cold hands.

The gloves I have printed are the only ones I've ever been able to tie wire with....even when it's wet. I'll send you a pair, if you want.

Latest posts