good deal or not

Help Support CattleToday:

memanpa

Reaction score
a friend called me yesterday and said that his nextdoor neighbor had passed away a few weeks ago, and that his son was trying to clean up the place to sell it, supposededly there was a bunch of steel laying along side the barn he wanted to get rid of and would sell it reasonable. long story short!
i went up bunch does not even cover it!
0ver 250 25' lengths of 3/4" sucker rod plus some shorter pieces
40- 20' lengths of 2'x2'x1/4 angle iron
25 30"+ lengths of 2 1/2 well casing pipe
45 6' lengths of 6" well casing
15 20' lenths of 1 1/2"x 1 1/2"x 1/8' box tubing
10 20' lengths of 2"x2"x 1/8" box tubing
15 20' lengths of 2"x 1/4" flat stock
10 20' lengths of 3"x1/4" flat stock
lots of misc lengths of asst pipe from 3/4" to 2"' the list goes on for the random lengths of pipe and angle iron
a stack of 12' x2' corrigated steel panels that was close to 2' high, used but looked good overall
anyway i asked the son what he wanted for the whole dad gummed bunch of iron!
he thought for a little while and said well i thought it might be worth $1000 but you have to get it out of here in no less than 2 weeks
i couldn't write the check fast enough!!
flat bed truck with a piggy back fork lift another friend and i are going to pick it up saterday
i think i'll take him a nice little package of T bone steaks as a bonus!
hate to take advantage of a situation like that but he set the price!! and the son is no kid i put him at clsoe to 50, and he is selling the place,
what do you think?

like you id jumped on the deal fast.after all he told you his price.dont blame you for writing a check on the spot.scott

don't know how! the place is only 15 acres, barn is barely standing, house is pretty small , pastures pretty well overgrazed and look bad even by az standards! bought the only thing it would be good for is to sell to a developer as there are several new housing projects going up near by, that is probabally why he wants the stuff out! my friend who told me about the deal has his place up for sale because of the developers and i sure as heck won't pay what he is asking for his place which is in pretty good condition, all i know is his eyes twinkled when i didn't hesitate on his asking price!
so as far as i am concerned i got a good deal! take it and run!! :D

memanpa":25xtc529 said:
a friend called me yesterday and said that his nextdoor neighbor had passed away a few weeks ago, and that his son was trying to clean up the place to sell it, supposededly there was a bunch of steel laying along side the barn he wanted to get rid of and would sell it reasonable. long story short!
i went up bunch does not even cover it!
0ver 250 25' lengths of 3/4" sucker rod plus some shorter pieces
40- 20' lengths of 2'x2'x1/4 angle iron
25 30"+ lengths of 2 1/2 well casing pipe
45 6' lengths of 6" well casing
15 20' lenths of 1 1/2"x 1 1/2"x 1/8' box tubing
10 20' lengths of 2"x2"x 1/8" box tubing
15 20' lengths of 2"x 1/4" flat stock
10 20' lengths of 3"x1/4" flat stock
lots of misc lengths of asst pipe from 3/4" to 2"' the list goes on for the random lengths of pipe and angle iron
a stack of 12' x2' corrigated steel panels that was close to 2' high, used but looked good overall
anyway i asked the son what he wanted for the whole dad gummed bunch of iron!
he thought for a little while and said well i thought it might be worth $1000 but you have to get it out of here in no less than 2 weeks
i couldn't write the check fast enough!!
flat bed truck with a piggy back fork lift another friend and i are going to pick it up saterday
i think i'll take him a nice little package of T bone steaks as a bonus!
hate to take advantage of a situation like that but he set the price!! and the son is no kid i put him at clsoe to 50, and he is selling the place,
what do you think?
It's like anything else. If you need it, or can make a buck on it, it's a good deal.

Good deal either way...can sell at a nice profit or keep to add to your list of projects that need doing. I don't bring good deals home anymore, (except whip saws and other treasures that I have collected over the years), don't have any more places that need decorating with detorating equipment.
Besides the bride is on a make the o'l place presentable kick these days.
Yeah...I would have offered cash before you could have found the pen. Congrats....by the way do you have plans for the sucker rod....just kidding our corrals are fine.

amazing how one persons junk is another's treasure..... back in the spring we cleaned up several old farms of their "junk"... the boss took his cutting torch and separated the shear iron from the sheet iron and surprisingly did quite well with it (plus I got several old pieces of horse drawn equipment for yard decorations)