Good day today

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We have had a fantastic show season, but today was really good for the kids. We went to a show today, and had a blast. Our son, who just turned 11, beat his sister in showmanship, which almost never happens! Here is a pic of his spoils:
vzggts.jpg

There were lots of junior showman, but he turned on the effort and the judge was great at working with them all day during the cattle classes, and our son learned and changed. The judge was impressed. He won a bucket, show stick, show hater, comb, and a rope halter with matching neck tie (pink!). That heifer he is holding won her class, and he had two heifers in the grand champion drive! His cow was Champion Cow Calf Pair. He showed 4 head.
Our daughter had a good day too! She showed the reserve champion purebred heifer, and the reserve champion percentage heifer both! The purebred heifer that won reserve champion purebred was one of the twins we had late last fall (remember the thread?), and the first time she had been out. The percentage heifer is her little white faced Feb heifer. But, the caveat was her winning Supreme Champion Bull of the show. She showed 5 head. Oh, and that January bull calf was weighed today; 801 pounds. He is on pasture at home, with about 12 pounds of bull ration (in a pen of 6 bulls, 75 pounds a day). Chunky Monkey!
Here she is pictured with the judge and the buckle she won!
n4cqoo.jpg

Yup, good day for Fire Sweep Simmentals! :heart:

I was a single parent this weekend, so the pictures I posted someone else took for me! I was busy getting heifers ready and helping the kids find help to show in the champion drive (since both kids had several head in the champion drive)! There were over 30 head of simmental cattle alone, I would say. Our area has a bunch of top quality breeders, and the judge made that comment. The quality of the simmental cattle there was deep, with many of the cattle there shown at the regional classics and nationals in Texas. Being the junior advisor of the MO Simmental group, I see these kids all year long at all the shows, and it is neat to see them grown and their heifers grow with them. All of our heifers were in different classes, but I am not sure how many classes total there were since I was busy fetching cattle and bringing them back and forth for the next class.
This is one someone took...this is one of the twins
2s799q0.jpg

And another of our April purebred our daughter is selling in the Fall Harvest state sale
10n9d6u.jpg

Both of those heifers were first in their classes, with the twin being the reserve champion. She is super long, deep ribbed, and lots of power for a November heifer calf. That is what the judge liked about her, she was fresh and good!

Thanks for all the complements... we just had a great day!

I was going to give you heck about your picture taking ability, it didn't do justice to those kids & cattle, but you explained first. Glad you got some pictures.

Latest posts