Good buy on chainsaws.........

Help Support CattleToday:

I think I will order the 18" one. Has anyone bought the extended warranty for 12$? It's through square trade.

Hook2.0 said:
Just got mine. I'll say one thing. When you go to put the bar on, make sure the first thing you do is pull the brake all the way back before you lift the bar cover off. Over engineered. I ended up taking the spring out of the brake just to get things to line back up. Didn't bother putting it back in.
Otherwise, simple enough system for tightening the chain up. Good thing since I always lose the dang tools

Talk about doing it the hard way as I don't see how you got it off with the brake band locked on the drum. :roll: Those springs are not much fun getting back in the bar/clutch cover either as I have put a few in. Make sure you mix 2 cycle oil in the gas as it will say 50 to 1. I always go 40 to 1 and use pure gas as the crank and rod bearings will last longer that way..Put gas mix in hit the primer button a few times and it will be ready to go. Do not let gas stay stored in it for an extended period, especially ethanol gas as it will degrade the carburetor diaphragm/needle, fuel lines and make it hard to start. (Start the saw pour the gas out and let it idle dry) Those 52cc saws are pretty impressive and chain speed is around 13500rpms..

Hook2.0 said:
And it was jammed up out of the box. The brake wouldn't engage or disengage. The handle would move but not all the wayneither direction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsOdRh1bN0A

I almost ordered one of these, then I got to thinking about how much of a pos my first johnsonred was. I had it completly destroyed in 2 years. I am very hard on my things, but my stihls take every bit of my abuse

Comparing Husqvarna vs Jonsered is like comparing GM vs Chevrolet. Mary kate vs Ashley, Miley Cyrus vs Hannah Montana. I will probably have to admit the little Husky 350 which is the same saw as the newer Husky 450 and the Jonsered CS2250 is probably my favorite of hundreds of saws I have owned. I think I currently have 12 Husky 350 s and 2 more waiting on parts to finish and sold I bet at least 10 before. I have several with 346xp pro cylinder/piston combos that will tach four-stroking around 14000rpms and run with power. Other than some of the older and newest saws I think I have owned most of the Husky and Stihl saws made or at least one in the family of that production line. Comparing Husky to Stihl is about a 50/50 toss up for those with experience with both.

Here are some of my 350s....

WI3Gllp.jpg

A couple 350s in the final stages of upgrades and or rebuilds waiting on parts.....

zMNCnWC.jpg

T & B farms said:
I almost ordered one of these, then I got to thinking about how much of a pos my first johnsonred was. I had it completly destroyed in 2 years. I am very hard on my things, but my stihls take every bit of my abuse
The older Jonsereds were not Huskys and some of the smaller ones I have worked on are re-branded Poulans. Electrolux owns Husky, Jonsered, Poulan and others. Surprising the Poulan line is their top money maker.

Hook2.0 said:
Got the spring back in, put everything back together and the bar, main gear is locked up no matter where I put the brake handle.
Spring back out, works great. I think I found why they're on clearance
You are killing me, maybe 30 seconds possibly 10 seconds I could fix it or less. On the clutch cover the metal ban will foul on the drum if not open on the cover when it is put on. Move the brake handle all the way forward and put the front of the clutch cover on and pull the handle back and reset the spring and that will open up the metal band, then put the clutch cover on and it will work. Dealing with the spring is no fun though. Safety ch--it is always a pain on any of this junk. I got tired of all of it on my riding mower and stripped it all off. I hate to come across sounding like a azzhole but trying to help.

From the picture if not opening enough with the spring maybe the plastic white piece has gotten broken. When fully locked out the brake metal band will be fully extended against the inter housing and should stay locked out unless the chain/hand brake is moved forward.

FX2fuOt.png

HjQJM5w.png

jltrent said:
Comparing Husqvarna vs Jonsered is like comparing GM vs Chevrolet. Mary kate vs Ashley, Miley Cyrus vs Hannah Montana. I will probably have to admit the little Husky 350 which is the same saw as the newer Husky 450 and the Jonsered CS2250 is probably my favorite of hundreds of saws I have owned. I think I currently have 12 Husky 350 s and 2 more waiting on parts to finish and sold I bet at least 10 before. I have several with 346xp pro cylinder/piston combos that will tach four-stroking around 14000rpms and run with power. Other than some of the older and newest saws I think I have owned most of the Husky and Stihl saws made or at least one in the family of that production line. Comparing Husky to Stihl is about a 50/50 toss up for those with experience with both.

Here are some of my 350s....

WI3Gllp.jpg

A couple 350s in the final stages of upgrades and or rebuilds waiting on parts.....

zMNCnWC.jpg

Do you buy those bar covers in bulk? :lol:

I have a 340 husqvarna pretty good saw but when your not using it it will leak out all the bar oil. How do you fix that?

pricefarm said:
I have a 340 husqvarna pretty good saw but when your not using it it will leak out all the bar oil. How do you fix that?
A Husqvarna 340 has a different oil pump than the 350 as it is adjustable flow and the 340 is fixed. I have never had a 350 to leak out very much oil . You can either upgrade the oil pump to an adjustable flow like the 350 or replace the oil pump pickup which is probably the problem and pump piston. Remove the cover-bar-clutch-drum- bearing- oiler button-oiler cover and is a pretty easy fix. Probably the easiest fix is when not in use store it on its side or drain the oil out.

Latest posts