Good and bad of ATV's

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8":2e0w4db8 said:
Brute 23":2e0w4db8 said:
cowgirl8":2e0w4db8 said:
I live on mine. When the grass gets tall and I lose my trails, I have trouble navigating the gullies. Hit one yesterday and nearly flipped my 4wheeler Julius. This gully has just 2 spots you can cross, but when the grass is tall, they are very hard to find. The cows usually make a trail, but they haven't been in the pasture for a while. Really startled me when I started to roll sideways. Thought, its going to take hours to find me...but luckily, I hit it just far enough to the crossing point that I didn't roll it. Until the cows make a trail, I wont cross there. One of our lease hunters hit it and it flipped him pretty bad. And that was when the grass was short. Really hard to not see it when the grass is short. He was lucky and wasn't hurt.

Need to mark them with some pvc or some thing.
I had it marked but the floods knocked it down and grass grew over it. One gets boggy, so I avoid it when its standing in water...its at one end of this pasture, the one covered up is in the middle and where I don't have to worry is at the opposite end. So I just go through there now and will avoid the other till I shred that pasture...
10 foot T post? If there are trees maybe neon flagging tape above it, or in the spring spray that one exact path with grass killer like erasure so no matter what it is exposed all year, that what I would do.

Latest posts