Gonna sell the truck... :(

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
It seems that I can't drive any more.. Nerves are shot,can't get on the hiway anymore. :help: . Kinda stupid to keep it to drive 2 miles to W~M every 2 months or so.. I'm in town now,so can catch a bus for places the powerchair can't go..Only thing is,the starter went (I think it's the starter by the noise it made) so I can't show how good it drives.. and I've gotta clean it out..
So-- How much do you think a 1988 F150 is worth? I'm 2nt owner,always had new air filter put in when the oil was changed,4 good all terrane tires, standard shift.. :???:

Peg you left too many unanswered questions. miles, body style, 2 or 4 wheel drive, body condition, interior condition, long or short bed, ac, I looked on Kelly Blue book they only go back to 1990. Do you know someone that could look at it and help you with value.

Man, I feel for you, Peg. I never did really get my dad to stop driving. He was a lot older than you, and had dementia. I think it hurt me more than it hurt him to think of taking that independence away from him.

I also have lost my truck... to my husband. He's taken a job doing service and he is using it until we can scrape together enough money to buy a van for him. I'm driving this little disposable car that he bought to drive to Waco and back every day. I really dislike that car. It just isn't me.

Women are just sexier in a truck, huh, Peg?? ;-)

cowboy43":34ztgj56 said:
Peg you left too many unanswered questions. miles, body style, 2 or 4 wheel drive, body condition, interior condition, long or short bed, ac, I looked on Kelly Blue book they only go back to 1990. Do you know someone that could look at it and help you with value.
Miles~~humm I think the odomoter has rolled once.. 40 miles 5 days a week x 10 year=
Body.. 2 door extended cab-- 2 wheel drive --condition~no rust,but down to primer in places,one dint on the passenger door where I sideswiped a tree..
Has one blue seat,the other one dark gray.uum,bucket seats?.-reg bed,big enough to hold a rideing mower..
It has air,but I never used it,cause of gas...heater's good.
It's got lights across the top.. Standard tranny
Big ding in the windshield where a rock hit me.. Passed inspection twice with it.
Love my truck,but I hope I'm smart enough to know what I can do safely.

Kelly Blue book only goes back to 1990, private treaty sale is listed as :

Excellent condition : $965
Good condition : $790
Fair condition : $400

Yours sounds like it would be rated as fair condition. I would put it on the market for $1500 and if someone is really interested you have room to horse trade down to $500. If you don"t like to horse trade list it for $799.99 and hope for the best. Good Luck

If it means anything, we actually unloaded a 1977 Ford PU that has been sitting in the drive for three months. No headlights, (rats nest in the wiring), no brakelights, but it starts right up. Body is straight. Got a grand for it. I was shocked. I'm so happy to have it out of the way I could just poop.

Lammie":1kp6auis said:
If it means anything, we actually unloaded a 1977 Ford PU that has been sitting in the drive for three months. No headlights, (rats nest in the wiring), no brakelights, but it starts right up. Body is straight. Got a grand for it. I was shocked. I'm so happy to have it out of the way I could just poop.
77 good year,, but drinks the he#@ out of some gas

alacattleman":27qt62ms said:
Lammie":27qt62ms said:

Tell me. I drove it from Oklahoma. Had a '71 GMC shortbed, big block. It was Steve's ongoing restoration project. Looked sharp, turned heads, but you could just see the needle moving lower and lower...

Traded it for the motorcycle.

alacattleman":1ztgx38n said:
Lammie":1ztgx38n said:

Musta been a 360 or a 351 Cleveland. I bought a new 1969 ford Pu 360 V8 3 speed, black with black interior,i wish i still had it. What a 8) truck.

IMO, any vehicle that it's tires hold air and it starts every time, and it will go couple of hundred miles or more without having to "adjust it" or breaking down is worth at least $750 or $1,000.

A fancy looking "clean" body won't get you from point A to point B (unless it's a human body...lol).

Running Arrow Bill":17pff0t6 said:
IMO, any vehicle that it's tires hold air and it starts every time, and it will go couple of hundred miles or more without having to "adjust it" or breaking down is worth at least $750 or $1,000.

A fancy looking "clean" body won't get you from point A to point B (unless it's a human body...lol).

Bill, that's my husband's philosophy. About the vehicles, I mean. That's why I have a tow truck driver on speed dial...

Really, when the guy at Toby's knows your phone voice, you know you drive old cars.

Latest posts