Gonna be a Grandpa tonight!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
Tonight is the night, we hope. My oldest and his wife are having their first, which will give me first time Granddad status. She was a week over due (if the Doc really knows), so they had her come in at a convenient time (for the Doc of course), broke her water a couple hours ago, and started dosing her with garbage that is supposed to speed things up. My wife is there, I'm at home with kiddos who are soon to be aunts and uncle, resting up for the call to tell me to bring the family. Exciting and busy month for us.
I would also like to request prayers for son Kyle, and daughter-in-law Candice, and the soon to be born baby boy :D , that all goes well, and he is healthy. :tiphat:

Congrats and prayers also . Is it as exciting or more exciting than when your own was born ?

JSCATTLE":3kwa7er9 said:
Congrats and prayers also . Is it as exciting or more exciting than when your own was born ?

Now thats a tuff question. I was excited with all mine and right there with every one of them, but I think I was so concerned about my wife, and nervous that I was emotionally impaired. This being my first grand child, I'm just as excited, but more relaxed. And thats a good thing, and probably a natural order of things, cause my son sure has benefitted from reassurances that both my wife and myself have been able to offer. Assurances that we weren't able to offer ourselves at that time in our own lives. It's a good feeling to watch your boy become a man almost overnight, when he gets "the news". They have been married for over a year, and were trying, so it was not a surprise for them. But for him, it was like the ultimate boot to the arse that I tried to do so many times. I'm proud of him.

Well, I just got a call from my wife, and I misunderstood her earlier. They broke her water at 7am this morning. They started giving her that drug to speed thing up later this afternoon. Funny thing, Doc came in and told her she was a "tight one". Couple hours later he came back and said the said the same. My son thought he was paying her a compliment :lol: He is a bit rough shod. Anyway, she hasn't made much progress in the dialation, so they recommended and have schedule her for a "C" section.
I don't understand modern medicine, but I'm glad we have it. It's a small hospital, so we expect her to be scheduled within the hour, and from what my wife is saying, it's a 20 minute procedure?????? I may be misunderstanding that too, but I'm waiting on a phone call, and the aunts and uncle are excited

Caustic Burno":119g4yk6 said:
Congrats you are about to learn how much money a grandnother can spend. You just thought the kids were expensive.

My congrats and you had my prayers. :tiphat: Being a grand dad is great, lots and lots of pride and joy without stinky diapers or if they are crying back to mom or dad..... Don't be afraid to pass sticky bottoms to your son.

CB nailed it, we have our two granddaughters and my son and DIL coming for the remainder of spring break, they'll be here tonight. Between Easter and junk and food we are an easy $400 plus in it for the 4 days..... And sure there will be more and happy to spend it.

Exciting time for you, congrats to you and grandma again!

Alan

Alan":35ozyftr said:
Caustic Burno":35ozyftr said:
Congrats you are about to learn how much money a grandnother can spend. You just thought the kids were expensive.

My congrats and you had my prayers. :tiphat: Being a grand dad is great, lots and lots of pride and joy without stinky diapers or if they are crying back to mom or dad..... Don't be afraid to pass sticky bottoms to your son.

CB nailed it, we have our two granddaughters and my son and DIL coming for the remainder of spring break, they'll be here tonight. Between Easter and junk and food we are an easy $400 plus in it for the 4 days..... And sure there will be more and happy to spend it.

Exciting time for you, congrats to you and grandma again!

Alan

Two oldest grandkids were down for a couple of days they went through seven bag's of family size chips.
Went in the pantry after making a sandwich to get some chips nothing but empty bag's along with the milk jug.
Difference is Granny doesn't care what they want we run out she is headed for the store. Get the six oldest ones and it looks like a Commanche war party hit the place.

Everybody is doing great. Boy was that good news. Baby is very alert. Hasn't closed his eyes yet. First thing he saw, was Dads Bass pro hat and a fish hook :shock: :D These pics aren't so good because they were taken through a plate glass window. Thanks for all the prayers, warnings and advise

058.jpg

Proud Dad :D

061.jpg

Spoiled grandbaby :D

Now have you went out and bought the boy a fine shotgun and deer rifle yet? I am not talking this cheap wally world crap something in the line of a good model 12 and 94. If not you should be seriously looking. This is one of the first assignments to being Grandpa. Dont' forget the fishing gear either. You don't want to get a bad grade right off the bat.
Second you have to make it pefectly clear to son's this is for the grandson only use and enjoyment.

Latest posts