Gone from Bad to Worse, Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
First day since last winter, that I did not stay out at the farm and do something. Slush mixed with rain, cold and damp. It don't get much worse. Later the wind is suppose to pick up. So about noon and I have already called it a day. Makes me mad.

Plus, got an open cow coming into her second cycle post-partum on Friday. I hope it gets better. At least my left arm will be warm. :banana:

Dave":1wljkbxl said:
inyati13":1wljkbxl said:
It don't get much worse.

Don't say that because it certainly can get worse. A lot worse if it decides to.
Dave, those are words of wisdom. I just thank God I got my farm and cattle, because it is just too easy for a retired middle aged man to sit around and drink wine on bad days. Or good days. Or any day. All the crap food ain't good either.

inyati13":1xm9x6rc said:
First day since last winter, that I did not stay out at the farm and do something. Slush mixed with rain, cold and damp. It don't get much worse. Later the wind is suppose to pick up. So about noon and I have already called it a day. Makes me mad.

Plus, got an open cow coming into her second cycle post-partum on Friday. I hope it gets better. At least my left arm will be warm. :banana:

That's the difference between being full time at this biz vs. being a part-timer like me. I'm out in this mushy slop and loving every minute of it!

Tux, I just went out behind the outhouse where I keep Blue. Nice kennel, better floors than here in the shack. I told him to quit yellin at me. It is best to hole-up in weather like this. He said, "Ron, I never took you for a panty-waise. You just sit in that damed ole place and drink your wine. And while I eat this old dry dog food, I smell you cookin a streak. Now you git your lazy behind out there and fire-up the Super Duty."

Maybe people on here can see now that it is not always pleasant to own a talking dog.

Tux, I have never seen Blue this mad. I was going to start the Super Duty and it occurred to me, I should not be drinking and driving. I went out behind the outhouse and told Blue. Tux, I will not repeat here what he said. Got my stomach so tore up, I had to come back in and get another glass of wine.

I bet ole Blue would sit right there with you Ron and drink wine. I know if Ruby seen me drink something she would want some to. Then after a bottle both of you could start barking at the moon.

Its cold and raining here too so I didn't hunt today. The dogs im sure are thanking their lucky stars that it rained so they could get some rest today.

highgrit":3m7gq2n8 said:
I bet ole Blue would sit right there with you Ron and drink wine. I know if Ruby seen me drink something she would want some to. Then after a bottle both of you could start barking at the moon.
Blue is the same. Monkey see, dog do. I'm the monkey, he's the dog.

inyati13":2k3we97p said:
Tux, I have never seen Blue this mad. I was going to start the Super Duty and it occurred to me, I should not be drinking and driving. I went out behind the outhouse and told Blue. Tux, I will not repeat here what he said. Got my stomach so tore up, I had to come back in and get another glass of wine.

Too bad his legs are too short to reach the pedals. I'm sure a dog that's smart enough to talk is certainly smart enough to drive. :D

I just went to the YMCA. I had to use an ice scraper to get the door pryed open. Took 20 minutes to thaw the ice off. Saw a guy at the Y who comes in from the direction of my farm. Said there are spots of snow and ice in that direction.

Tux, how bad is it down at your farm? You still enjoying every minute of it?

Blue will go into deep depression if he don't get to the farm today.

inyati13":uwrizz16 said:
I just went to the YMCA. I had to use an ice scraper to get the door pryed open. Took 20 minutes to thaw the ice off. Saw a guy at the Y who comes in from the direction of my farm. Said there are spots of snow and ice in that direction.

Tux, how bad is it down at your farm? You still enjoying every minute of it?

Blue will go into deep depression if he don't get to the farm today.

Stay home and give him a little bit of your rumetiz medicine. He will get over it pretty quick!

TennesseeTuxedo":36der70z said:
inyati13":36der70z said:

That's the difference between being full time at this biz vs. being a part-timer like me. I'm out in this mushy slop and loving every minute of it!

Use to feel the same way when I was in an office 40+ hours a week forever.