Gone before dawn...shopping

Help Support CattleToday:

crowder, and i just betcha alot of folks are puttin it on credit cards....that they will never get paid down. very dangerous game. on the news here while back they had appaerntly changed some bankrupcy laws that had to do with credt card charges, and it showed people lined up around the block trying to get into the attorneys offices and file before time ran out to do it. crazy...
i would much rather just have everyone get together and visit and eat and enjoy each other..dont get me wrong we do buy presents at Christmas, but we sure dont go over board. i would be a wreck if we did. :shock:
lets remember Jesus is the reason for the season

samm":36wr4xkq said:
crowder, and i just betcha alot of folks are puttin it on credit cards....that they will never get paid down. very dangerous game. on the news here while back they had appaerntly changed some bankrupcy laws that had to do with credt card charges, and it showed people lined up around the block trying to get into the attorneys offices and file before time ran out to do it. crazy...
i would much rather just have everyone get together and visit and eat and enjoy each other..dont get me wrong we do buy presents at Christmas, but we sure dont go over board. i would be a wreck if we did. :shock:
Yall sound like us. The bankruptcy laws needed an overhaul. It was too easy a way out to beat creditors.We buy plenty, but pay with cash not credit cards. If I cant pay cash, I dont get it. Amen on Jesus is the reason for the season. I'd much rather spend time with family and friends,and let the kids have a ball.

Crowderfarms":1uwm170r said:
samm":1uwm170r said:
Yall sound like us. The bankruptcy laws needed an overhaul. It was too easy a way out to beat creditors.We buy plenty, but pay with cash not credit cards. If I cant pay cash, I dont get it. Amen on Jesus is the reason for the season. I'd much rather spend time with family and friends,and let the kids have a ball.

I agree 100%, so why do so many parents believe they are not doing their 'jobs' if their kids don't have all the latest toys, gizmos, technology? I'm missing something here. We never had all that stuff, but we had matchstick poker during blizzards, we had picnics fixing fence in the hills, we had regular family get togethers with slides (Dad used to be a picture taking nut!), popcorn, sodas, whatever, we had dozens and dozens of Christmas cookies that were decorated by us kids. What was wrong with that? Christmas was not expensive, but it was always very, very special. Nowadays it's just commercialized to the point that the real meaning is lost to most. I don't get it.

J&T Farm":69b8p25y said:
msscamp":69b8p25y said:
Crowderfarms":69b8p25y said:
How did it all come to all this commercialization??

Crowder, when you get that figured out would you please let me know? That's something that I don't understand as well.
Millions of dollars spent on marketing.
And they say there's a sucker born every minute.

J&T Farm":96m3n7q8 said:
msscamp":96m3n7q8 said:
Crowderfarms":96m3n7q8 said:
How did it all come to all this commercialization??

Crowder, when you get that figured out would you please let me know? That's something that I don't understand as well.
Millions of dollars spent on marketing.

But why do people buy into it? No pun intended.

You got me there, sister. I have no idea.

Some people want more for their kids than they had as youngins and think that buying them everything under the sun is the answer when in reality their doing more harm than good.

J&T Farm":1pv66i1t said:
Y
Some people want more for their kids than they had as youngins and think that buying them everything under the sun is the answer when in reality their doing more harm than good.

Thats the key to a lot of the problems in this world today. Parents are trying to be friends with their children before being parents.

Latest posts