Gold & Silver are Spiking!

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-07-22/Gold-silver-bulls-on-a-rampage.html

Gold and silver prices are again sharply higher in early U.S. trading Wednesday. Gold prices have pushed to a nearly nine-year high, while silver is strongly up again today and hit a 6.5-year high. The feature in the global marketplace at mid-week is the gold and silver markets. Gold is now not far below the record high of $1,920.70 scored in 2011, basis Comex futures. Safe-haven demand, technical buying, a weaker U.S. dollar index, rising crude oil prices, and increasing consumer demand from China and possibly India are all fueling the bull runs in the two precious metals markets. August gold futures were last up $9.70 an ounce at $1,853.70. September Comex silver prices were last up $1.135 at $22.91 an ounce.

Almost 900 views lol and Gold and Silver does not seem to interest people anymore.

My problem with the two precious metals are purity and sales commissions. I guess if I were a BTO I would know where/how to get around both problems....purity and reasonable commissions.

Notice those gold and silver prices. All in dollars and cents and when you cash in, spend it or whatever you get paid back in paper and coin.

kenny thomas said:
Prices for Both down a lot today.
An expected pull back from an overbought market.
May be very short or may be extended. But still in a definite bull market.
Unless you have a particular reason for wanting the metal, Shares of gold/silver miners usually perform better than the actual metal in an up market.

Gold and silver prices are again sharply higher in early U.S. trading Wednesday. Gold prices have pushed to a nearly nine-year high
Gold is now not far below the record high of $1,920.70 scored in 2011, basis Comex futures. Safe-haven demand,August gold futures were last up $9.70 an ounce at $1,853.70. September
Jan 2021 gold started the year at $1,950 dropped to $1,700 by April and is
starting September at $1,808
Historically September is the strongest month for gold

2 reasons - both are demand
1. stock investors historically back off buying stocks in September because of October's reputation for volatility, so turn to gold as a safe haven.
2. September is the Wedding Season in India - strong tradition of gifting gold
and or gifting dowries in gold. So India buys a lot of Gold in September.

August 10 gold $1,742 - August 31 $1,808
up $66 in 3 weeks... positioning for a September run up?

Last edited:
Much higher and I will have to break out a pan and brave the snakes.
Dave I have read about several snake encounters you have had with rattle snakes in some of your post.

Do you know of anyone getting bit by a rattle snake ?

Dave I have read about several snake encounters you have had with rattle snakes in some of your post.

Do you know of anyone getting bit by a rattle snake ?
The only person around here that I know who was actually bit by a snake is about 50 +/-. She was bit as a teenager. I know several who were struck at and missed or hit their boots.
My closest neighbor always said if you get bit remain calm. Last year he was up on some range ground herding some cows toward a gate on a quad. He zoomed ahead of the cows to open the gate. Leaped off the quad and realized that he landed stand astraddle a big rattler. He said he screamed like a little girl and leaped about 15 feet. Stood there shaking for 15 minutes. So much for remaining calm.
The place I was referring to about going gold panning is on my property. I am certain one could find good gold there. I am also certain that this time of the year you would find some rattlers there. A couple years ago the tree trimmers for the power line stopped here. There is about 300 feet of power line across the river from the road (the spot in question). They were going to wade over and trim some trees. I advised them to watch out for snakes. They stopped back about two hours later. They got the trees trimmed. They killed 3 rattlers.

The only person around here that I know who was actually bit by a snake is about 50 +/-. She was bit as a teenager. I know several who were struck at and missed or hit their boots.
My closest neighbor always said if you get bit remain calm. Last year he was up on some range ground herding some cows toward a gate on a quad. He zoomed ahead of the cows to open the gate. Leaped off the quad and realized that he landed stand astraddle a big rattler. He said he screamed like a little girl and leaped about 15 feet. Stood there shaking for 15 minutes. So much for remaining calm.
The place I was referring to about going gold panning is on my property. I am certain one could find good gold there. I am also certain that this time of the year you would find some rattlers there. A couple years ago the tree trimmers for the power line stopped here. There is about 300 feet of power line across the river from the road (the spot in question). They were going to wade over and trim some trees. I advised them to watch out for snakes. They stopped back about two hours later. They got the trees trimmed. They killed 3 rattlers.
We have a few rattler's. Almost stepped on one turkey hunting. Didn't know until then it's possible to jump straight up in the air and move 3 foot horizontal all in one giant leap.

We have a few rattler's. Almost stepped on one turkey hunting. Didn't know until then it's possible to jump straight up in the air and move 3 foot horizontal all in one giant leap.
Only killed 6 this year. Two years ago I killed 20.

Sounds like they have the perfect environment to live in. I wonder what they feed on.

Here we have rattle snakes that are found mostly in the mountains. There a lot of rodents, mice, chip monks, bugs that I would guess that they survie off of.

Their not all that abundant and you would have a hard time finding one if you were looking for one.

Most that I have seen were around 3 foot. Copper heads and black snakes are more abundant and are more of what you find here.

I just realized I haven't seen any type of snake in the past couple of years now and that is kind of strange. Usually see a few on roads that have been ran over.

5 or 6 years ago about 20 or so of us were riding mules up in the mountains. Trail was narrow and on edge of steep bluffs, ridges.

So in most areas we had to ride in a single file formation. As we were coming up this trail out of a canyon the trail widened out on a small flat bench.

4 maybe 5 riders had a huge rattle snake bayed. Tring to pen it down, grabbing its tail and stretching it out so that it couldn't coil to strike.

So the rest of us were having to kind of squeeze by on the trail to get around them and not get bit in the process. I didn't get a real good look at the rattler except when they had it by it's tail dragging it to strecrh it out as i was passing by.

But what I could see was huge. Maybe 5 inches if not bigger in girth. The guys messing with it said it was a good 4 if not 5 foot in length, head as big as a baseball, fangs about an inch long.

I thought it was a python or some sort of exotic type of snake someone might have bought from a pet store and didn't want anymore and had turned it loose in the mountains. But they was certain it was a diamond back rattler.

Sounds like they have the perfect environment to live in. I wonder what they feed on.

Here we have rattle snakes that are found mostly in the mountains. There a lot of rodents, mice, chip monks, bugs that I would guess that they survie off of.

Their not all that abundant and you would have a hard time finding one if you were looking for one.

Most that I have seen were around 3 foot. Copper heads and black snakes are more abundant and are more of what you find here.

I just realized I haven't seen any type of snake in the past couple of years now and that is kind of strange. Usually see a few on roads that have been ran over.

5 or 6 years ago about 20 or so of us were riding mules up in the mountains. Trail was narrow and on edge of steep bluffs, ridges.

So in most areas we had to ride in a single file formation. As we were coming up this trail out of a canyon the trail widened out on a small flat bench.

4 maybe 5 riders had a huge rattle snake bayed. Tring to pen it down, grabbing its tail and stretching it out so that it couldn't coil to strike.

So the rest of us were having to kind of squeeze by on the trail to get around them and not get bit in the process. I didn't get a real good look at the rattler except when they had it by it's tail dragging it to strecrh it out as i was passing by.

But what I could see was huge. Maybe 5 inches if not bigger in girth. The guys messing with it said it was a good 4 if not 5 foot in length, head as big as a baseball, fangs about an inch long.

I thought it was a python or some sort of exotic type of snake someone might have bought from a pet store and didn't want anymore and had turned it loose in the mountains. But they was certain it was a diamond back rattler.
This was written on a different board by a lady who lives in the same county as I do.

We killed 3 yesterday, the neighbor killed 4 in the 3 miles between her and her folks house. When riding we kill them with the snap on the end of our reins. Just swing the rein and hit them in the head with the snap. It's quite easy and impresses anyone you are riding with.

I prefer my shovel or a 22 pistol with snake shot. But they do die pretty easy with a blow to the head. One Neighbor has a 3 foot piece of 1 1/2 plastic pipe in the trunk of his car for killing snakes he sees on the road.

Latest posts