Going to take a few days away--what to do in Corpus?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Wife and I need a few days (2-3 max) away from here, and we're going to drive her Dart down to Corpus Christie--limited space in that so major shopping is out.
Other than The Lexington and the aquarium, what is there to see and do in Corpus? (we won't go to the beach-we get enough of that at my brother's place on Bolivar)

A good place to eat would be nice.

I go there 5-6 times a year for business.

There's a pretty cool science and history museum. It has some shipwreck artifacts from the 1500's. Also, I know you said no beach trips but you can rent horses and go on a sunset ride for about an hour and a half for $80. That scored me major romance points with the old lady. It could be because I cut a striking figure when I'm horseback. I like U&I Restaurant and Catfish Charlie's.s some shipwreck artifacts from the 1500's. Also, I know you said no beach trips but you can rent horses and go on a sunset ride for about an hour and a half for $80. That scored me major romance points with the old lady. I like U&I Restaurant and Catfish Charlie's

Cotten's BBQ in Robstown. If you want seafood, King's Inn in Riviera. If you eat at King's Inn, get a tour of King Ranch headquarters just west of Kingsville, then go by King Ranch Saddle Shop on the way back to Corpus.

Wife grew up in Kingsville, she swears the drive is worth the food at Kimgs inn. I haven't been- was in corpus a couple years ago and a tropical storm changed course and pelted the area the day we planned to go. I was working and didn't get much sight seeing in, other than Port A.

lovehammer":ciuisrsh said:
I go there 5-6 times a year for business.

There's a pretty cool science and history museum. It has some shipwreck artifacts from the 1500's. Also, I know you said no beach trips but you can rent horses and go on a sunset ride for about an hour and a half for $80. That scored me major romance points with the old lady. It could be because I cut a striking figure when I'm horseback. I like U&I Restaurant and Catfish Charlie's.s some shipwreck artifacts from the 1500's. Also, I know you said no beach trips but you can rent horses and go on a sunset ride for about an hour and a half for $80. That scored me major romance points with the old lady. I like U&I Restaurant and Catfish Charlie's

Just got back from 3 1/2 days down there.
Stopped off at Fannin Battlegrond and Goliad first, just for some old memories the place holds for me--a place i go to refresh the Texan in me.

Had a great time. We did do the sunset horse ride thing. I was surprised to find out so many people didn't know a horse would bite. :lol2: :lol2:

We did eat at U&I and another place called Ol' Steakhouse. U&I was good---the other--not so much.

Wife didn't want to go to the Lexington, so I went by myself the 1st morning. They've done a great job on the old girl. I don't know how many aircraft they have on the flight deck and hangar deck but the Avenger is one of my favorites.

corpus110640x480_zps53992e5a.jpg

corpus079640x480_zpsc89775d5.jpg

Did the Texas aquarium, 2 museums and listened to some local music talent on Water Street. Not a bad little trip at all.

It was a strange trip--strange in that I wasn't able to take a pee anywhere I wanted to, sit outside the front door every morning in my skivvies and have my coffee and odd to be able to drop the toilet paper into the toilet.
That 1 1/2 hour horse ride cost us (iirc) right at $130 for the 2 of us and they had 20-30 paying riders..and that was the last of either 2 or 3 rides that day--middle of the week too. Do the math...Sky's wife needs to buy a bunch more horses so he can retire...

Latest posts