Going to be heavy on bull calves for 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

Till-Hill

Reaction score
Got big pasture preconditioned and cows ultra sounded yesterday.
28 cows checked, 15/22 stuck AI 1 May calver, another possible May (bull pulled 21 days ago) so as of yesterday 27/28 cows confirmed pregnant due 2/28/2021-5/4/2021

Of the AI's we sexed 9/15 are bull calves, 6 heifers. Only 1 registered Angus heifer and 1 registered Simmental AI heifer coming for next year. SO the bull calves better turn out!

Getting dry here in NE Iowa. If does not rain will have to wean soon, few pinkeye starting also. Good job done. Small pasture of late calvers to check and the yearling heifers to do but very happy with how the year went.

Nice to read post from fellow Iowan. My pastures are getting dry also. I will be weaning my calves this Saturday, but because it is time since I start calving late December. Nice to hear that your AI has turned out good this year. Hope that turns into a good calving season next year. I like to see more heifers than bulls just because I like the possibility of keeping them as replacements even though I reached my limit on number of cows I want for now. No registered cows for me. Just mixed breeds but I do AI everything.