Goats!

Help Support CattleToday:

Boot Jack Bulls

Reaction score
I can't find my old thread about our Boers to update, so I guess I will just start a new one!

This is a doe we bred that we are super proud of. Stella is a young doe, but is closing in on enoblement very quickly. She is the type we strive for.

This is a spring born doe that is coming along nicely. Her dam was super competitive in the percentage division and her older siblings get ring time too.

This is our current herdsire, KMAR Get Back Jack. He is the sire of the spring born doe above.

This is the cornerstone of the program, Lanpheirs Vaquero (barn name Austin). With the exception of the late 2017 and early 2018 kids, he is sire to almost every doe we have, and most are linebred to him. He is gone now (still in the tank of course!), but he has had a lasting impact on our herd.

JMJ Farms":1dyjgxml said:
Y'all have got it going on. Very nice looking herd!
Thanks JMJ! It's been a lot of work and studying. We started with 3 does and no idea what we were doing in 2006.

Bright Raven":3m3n2bs3 said:
Boot Jack Bulls":3m3n2bs3 said:
pricefarm":3m3n2bs3 said:
Best looking goats I have seen.
Bright Raven":3m3n2bs3 said:
I don't have any experience with goats. But these are beautiful!!!

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the kind words!

These pictures make we want goats. Lol

Raven, remember the famous words of Buford T Justice when he had the three young men beside the road.... "Now, you can think about it, but don't do it!"

JMJ Farms":1gmrwk6i said:
Bright Raven":1gmrwk6i said:
Boot Jack Bulls":1gmrwk6i said:
Thanks for the kind words!

These pictures make we want goats. Lol

Raven, remember the famous words of Buford T Justice when he had the three young men beside the road.... "Now, you can think about it, but don't do it!"

Trust me, Mike. I am only day dreaming.

Sounds more like a nightmare to me.
I'd have to go into town after dark so no one would see me, assuming, that my neighbors didn't burn me out 1st.

greybeard":36f6njf9 said:
I'd have to go into town after dark so no one would see me, assuming, that my neighbors didn't burn me out 1st.

GB, if having one of the most respected registered herds in the Midwest and making money hand-over fist is a nightmare, we have different definitions of nightmares lol! I do understand, of course, that goats are not everyone's cup of tea. I hate sheep and feel they are born trying to die, but that's just my opinion. :2cents:

Boot Jack Bulls":6nactlmb said:
greybeard":6nactlmb said:

GB, if having one of the most respected registered herds in the Midwest and making money hand-over fist is a nightmare, we have different definitions of nightmares lol! I do understand, of course, that goats are not everyone's cup of tea. I hate sheep and feel they are born trying to die, but that's just my opinion. :2cents:

Now see there you go knockin sheep. Good hair sheep are just as Hardy as goats. One thing for sure. They're both more profitable than cattle. Id still have them but around here you just can't leave em out at night. And I don't have time to pen em every night. There will be sheep and goats on this place again someday. That's for sure.
Very nice stock you have bootjack.

callmefence":3faf2cdj said:
Boot Jack Bulls":3faf2cdj said:
greybeard":3faf2cdj said:

Now see there you go knockin sheep. Good hair sheep are just as Hardy as goats. One thing for sure. They're both more profitable than cattle. Id still have them but around here you just can't leave em out at night. And I don't have time to pen em every night. There will be sheep and goats on this place again someday. That's for sure.
Very nice stock you have bootjack.
Thanks! Sheep just don't do as well for us, but I have seen more people up here getting into haired sheep. Predetors are a problem up here as well.

Latest posts