Goats and ringworm?

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC":2yg0n5us said:
dun":2yg0n5us said:
Bullbuyer":2yg0n5us said:
dun needs to start up a perfume company - 'eau de goat'. I just can't agree with ya' on likin' the smell of a goat - only thing worse is a wet goat.

From a couple of 100 yards I like the smell of skunk too. Reminds me of the first whiff when you would open the metal band on a tin of coffee.

dun

Dun, You need to get a "smell" test done. You ain't right. :lol: :lol:
Shucks I think that smell is awful perdy.

Dun -
What in the world kind of coffee are you drinkin ? I do believe you need to get the nose checked out. Have the vet look at it the next time he's around, you might have something stuck up in there that needs to come out.

They're obviously acquired tastes. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but it wouldn;t matter if I was. Wife thinks I'm nuts too, ah well, a rose by any other name etc.

dun

Bullbuyer":3o2fuv9d said:
What in the world kind of coffee are you drinkin ? I do believe you need to get the nose checked out.

Well, I guess I need the vet too. In our house we drink Folgers. As soon as the conatiner is open, it smells like a distant skunk.

Anytime I smell a skunk, that first initial whiff reminds me of a freshly opened conatiner of coffee.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Katherine

I think if skunk smelling reminded me of coffee i'd quit drinking coffee.

Everytime I smell skunk i think about the time, when as a young man coon huntin. Ol blue treed what we thought was a coon,and being the youngest in the bunch i was elected to climb the tree and shake it out.

The old carbide light was about to go out and couldn't see very well. Coon turned out to be skunk.

To make a long story short I had to walk home that night the guys wouldn't let me ride home even in the back of the truck.

Mom made me go to the creek and wash up before i could get back in the house.

Got rid of that ol blue tick next day.Could have sworn she was laughing at me from the back of the truck as they drove off.

Can't say I smelled much like coffee.

Cal

Last year there was this tiny little drop top car full of folks off the road and in a pasture. They had jumped the bar ditch first. All of them were gagging and choking. Seems they were "cruising" along and came upon a skunk with the top down. A car either met them in the road or else was in front of them and clipped the skunk. Those is the converible got sprayed and wrecked out. What a mess. They were all okay and no one stuck around long enough to get the whole story.

Thanks a lot ya'll. I just got out of jail.
I went over to the Krogers and started openin' cans of coffee tryin' to find that skunk flavored stuff that seems to be so popular. Wellllll - turns out they didn't have any and wanted me to pay for all that I had opened. Told 'em I just couldn't do that so they sent me away - glad to be back. Something in the jailhouse smelled kinda skunky though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you need alittle more info on this subject. how is the guy using the goat? you can graze goats in front of cattle to keep them from getting worms. goat worms dont effect cattle and vise versa, and this really applies to gastric worms. ringworms i'm not so sure about. i think the ring worm is one species and it can effect any host. the only thing i can think of is maybe the ringworm likes the taste of goat better than beef????????????

TheLazyM":2ekcotgv said:
I think you need alittle more info on this subject. how is the guy using the goat? you can graze goats in front of cattle to keep them from getting worms. goat worms dont effect cattle and vise versa, and this really applies to gastric worms. ringworms i'm not so sure about. i think the ring worm is one species and it can effect any host. the only thing i can think of is maybe the ringworm likes the taste of goat better than beef????????????

Sorry if I misunderstood what you said, but ringworm isn't a worm it's a fungus. It effects cows and goats as well as many other types of animals. one can give it to another.

Alan

Alan said:
Sorry if I misunderstood what you said, but ringworm isn't a worm it's a fungus. It effects cows and goats as well as many other types of animals. one can give it to another.Alan

Thats what i said. and i was saying that i dont think theres different species just the same one. and i also mentioned that it'll effect any host.

dun":c7r9eagd said:
nycowgirl":c7r9eagd said:
Yesterday we picked up a bull calf from a local dairy farm. The owner has a goat he keeps in a separate pen at one end of his cow barn. When asked about it, he said that having a goat keeps the cows from getting ringworm. He knew nothing about the "why" of this, but said an old timer told him about this and so far it had been working.

Does anyone know anything about this or is it an old wives tale?

I would lay it to an OWT since goats get ringworm too. I have elephant repellent in the yard and it must works since I've never seen an elephant around here

dun

I have the same problem with elephants here too,mostly in the central Alabama area, they are pesty critters too.And they never get along with other critters, especially tigers>

Hey Holland - Just stick with me and Dun on this one - get ya' some of that elephant repellent, works fine. Please make sure it's in date - you've read what happens to it when it goes bad !!

Latest posts